Posted By
L_Hardy
Jun 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(hp 7150/win xp/elements 2.0)
After viewing/printing jpg file…I enhanced the file (color correction/brightness), saved it as a new jpg, and then printed it. After the correction, the printer prints a lighter block about 2" into the photo, and then proceeds to print with the apparent color correction. Any advice? I’ve updated drivers, cleaned print heads, run print checks, checked countless forums and spent hours with hp…they’ve of course blamed Photoshop Elements. Also, I changed the print settings and it still occurs on best & normal. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 21, 2004
Whenever you make changes to a photograph, you should always save it as a TIF image or a PSD image if your plans are to print it. Another thing to consider is the resolution of the newly saved image. If you have trimmed the size of your image to the precise size that you intend to print, then the resolution should probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 PPI. If your image is still larger, such as the original size, and that size is considerably larger, you might find success in selecting the "scale to fit media" checkbox of the printer setup dialog. Whenever you start trying to re-save JPEG images, you are making your images vulnerable to JPEG compression degradation.
LH
L_Hardy
Jun 21, 2004
Thank you!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections