JH
Posted By
Jim_Hess
Jun 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
…… That is the question. I was following another thread that was referencing Qimage. I looked at their website and noticed that there were only profiles for certain printers, none of which were mine. I use an HP 7150. I know, it’s obsolete, it’s not in production anymore, etc.. But I have been getting good results printing straight from Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Since there isn’t a printer profile for my printer, do you think I would see any improvement in my prints?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jlk7233
Jun 22, 2004
Jim,

I’m not an expert but will answer your question with my experience. I was very disappointed with the quality of pictures printed from Elements. Plus, I wanted to be able to just print the entire cd at once. So someone on this forum recommended Qimage and I was very impressed with the quality. The detail from Qimage was so much better than Elements. I have an HP5550 and I don’t know if using an older printer has an effect if you use Qimage. But you can try Qimage for free and see if it works for you. That way, you could print the same photo from each program and compare the quality. Hope that helps!

Judy
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 22, 2004
Yes, I saw that there was a trial version available. But I don’t want to download something and spend a lot of time and paper and ink trying to get everything to match as well as it does now. Like I said in my previous message, I get pretty good results from printing with Elements or Photoshop. I like to use Kodak Ultima satin finish paper. And I was looking on the Kodak web site one day and there was special printing software that could be downloaded free that was supposed to optimize my printer so that I would get the best results from their paper. Trouble is, the prints were terrible compared to what I was already getting. I was terribly disappointed.

I really don’t know why I’m looking at other printing options because I’m very satisfied with the prints that I’m getting now. I suppose it is my nature to just look once in while to see if there is something that would make things just a little bit better, if that is possible.

Thank you for your response.

Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections