R
Posted By
RoVeR
Mar 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I decided to try a beta version ( the current one) on a WinXP system, choosing a seperate folder- keeping the CS2 and CS3 well apart. CS3 seemed to do as it should, except ‘save for Web’ or whatever it was now called , causes the prog to abort and tries to send a ‘Microsoft error message’
Back to CS2 and now Adobe Bridge for the browse function fails with an error message ‘undefined adobe bridge specified …..’ and then a couple of lines of code. Navigate thru windows explorer and start Bridge manually it aborts with ‘you need to have installed and run another adobe product.’ Dammit doesnt it know that Photsohop CS2 is running..
I’ve tried a repair on CS2 and a repair on CS3 , without success. Something has also gone wrong with the settings in ‘save as for web’ as it defaults to GIF despite my every attempt to tell it I want JPG. Any ideas what’s wrong or most important how to fix it..

Regards

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LL
Lewis Lorton
Mar 6, 2007
the problem with bridge is covered and a fix posted on the lightroom beta forums.

RoVeR wrote:
I decided to try a beta version ( the current one) on a WinXP system, choosing a seperate folder- keeping the CS2 and CS3 well apart. CS3 seemed to do as it should, except ‘save for Web’ or whatever it was now called , causes the prog to abort and tries to send a ‘Microsoft error message’
Back to CS2 and now Adobe Bridge for the browse function fails with an error message ‘undefined adobe bridge specified …..’ and then a couple of lines of code. Navigate thru windows explorer and start Bridge manually it aborts with ‘you need to have installed and run another adobe product.’ Dammit doesnt it know that Photsohop CS2 is running..
I’ve tried a repair on CS2 and a repair on CS3 , without success. Something has also gone wrong with the settings in ‘save as for web’ as it defaults to GIF despite my every attempt to tell it I want JPG. Any ideas what’s wrong or most important how to fix it..
Regards

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections