trying to create a BOOkcrossing.com inside label!

SD
Posted By
Shrilly_Drabble
Jun 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Because I want to change the pictures and maybe the design of this on a regular basis I want to keep my layers. Some bits will stay the same.

If I save it as layers. will I really be able to work on it again later. As I am sure I have tried this in the past and it didn’t seem to keep the layers.

To be able to print 6 on a page I drag them to a new page, but I have only linked the layers [about 12], so when I do this only 1 of them moves.
If I merge down, will I just be able to undo the moves to get back to my original. I am asking this before I start as obviously if I cannot undo that sort of move then I will be stuck with them and have to start again.

TIA
Shrilly

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 19, 2004
Shrilly,

If you want to save and still keep the layers you need to save it a Photoshop file.

Not sure what you are trying to do about printing … do you mean that you want to print the final image but when you drag it over it only shows one layer? .. If so instead of drag and drop use Edit>Copy Merged then do Paste into your new document.

Wendy
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 19, 2004
Shrilly

If you save as PSD you will be able to maintain the integrity of the layer structure.

If you drag and drop you only get the layer you are using. An alternative is to select all (<Ctrl> + A) and then go to the new document and >Edit
Copy Merge. This will merge all your visible layers and paste then in the
new document but leave them as layers in your original document.

Grant
H
Hedwigess
Jun 20, 2004
thanks Wendy and Grant. they seemed to work with the ideas you gave me. Had to re register as for some reason my password doesnt work and I never received the email I requested. Hopefully I can now remain on the forum. But It worked when I re-registered.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections