D
Posted By
dwolf
Feb 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a full page newspaper article written about me 🙂 I scanned it in 3 scans at 300 dpi and pieced it together in photoshop… Now I want to be able to put it on my website, with the text readable of course.
So what would be my best approach here.. a pdf might be okay, but it’s also nice for the
web user not to have to view a pdf file especially if they do not have the reader.. I’m open to
all suggestions… thanks Joel

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phyrefly
Feb 21, 2007
On 18 Feb., 23:54, "dwolf" wrote:
I have a full page newspaper article written about me 🙂 I scanned it in 3 scans at 300 dpi and pieced it together in photoshop… Now I want to be able to put it on my website, with the text readable of course.
So what would be my best approach here.. a pdf might be okay, but it’s also nice for the
web user not to have to view a pdf file especially if they do not have the reader.. I’m open to

Hi Joel

I’m guessing that you want people to see that you actually got this article from a paper
and thats why you didnt just typed the article on your webpage.. You might want to
consider asking the paper for permission to post the article and so on, but i wont get
into that, just consider it, to protect your butt..

Here a solution for you:

First:
Consider how low you can scale your "rather large" (i’m guessing) picture to save
space and still keep it readable.
Then:
Cut your big picture into pieces of about 100×100 pixels and save them as gif’s with
no interlacing and web colors. Make a html page with a big (depending on your scan)
table (with no borders and no spacing) and insert your pieces into the cells, and they
should line up nice and tight..(this could take a couple of attempts and /or a bit of
tweeking if you are not the html wiz (I’m not) but i is doable! This ‘should’ give you a good result and a resonable loadtime so that everybody can
handle the load and read your page.
This option should also work fine even if the article contains pictures as they tend to
turn out just fine unless they are very high colors (and or definition)

You should imo include a link so that people who want to can download the original
picture (or a link to the newspaper, if they have a web article service (dont know
what else to call it)) 🙂

Good Luck

Let me know how you are doing and what solution you decided on.
P
Phyrefly
Feb 21, 2007

Hi Joel

I’m guessing that you want people to see that you actually got this article from a paper and thats why you didnt just typed the article on your webpage.. You might want to consider asking the paper for permission to post the article and so on, but i wont get into that, just consider it, to protect your butt..

Here a solution for you:

First:
Consider how low you can scale your "rather large" (i’m guessing) picture to save space and still keep it readable.
Then:
Cut your big picture into pieces of about 100×100 pixels and save them as gif’s with no interlacing and web colors. Make a html page with a big (depending on your scan) table (with no borders and no spacing) and insert your pieces into the cells, and they should line up nice and tight..(this could take a couple of attempts and /or a bit of tweeking if you are not the html wiz (I’m not) but i is doable! This ‘should’ give you a good result and a resonable loadtime so that everybody can handle the load and read your page.
This option should also work fine even if the article contains pictures as they tend to turn out just fine unless they are very high colors (and or definition)
You should imo include a link so that people who want to can download the original picture (or a link to the newspaper, if they have a web article service (dont know what else to call it)) 🙂
Good Luck
D
dwolf
Feb 21, 2007
I’ve decided since I was given the original digital photo’s I’m just going to recreate the article myself.. thanks so much for your help Joel
"Phyrefly" wrote in message
So what would be my best approach here.. a pdf might be okay, but it’s also
nice for the
web user not to have to view a pdf file especially if they do not have the
reader.. I’m open to

Hi Joel

I’m guessing that you want people to see that you actually got this article from a paper and thats why you didnt just typed the article on your webpage.. You might want to consider asking the paper for permission to post the article and so on, but i wont get into that, just consider it, to protect your butt..

Here a solution for you:

First:
Consider how low you can scale your "rather large" (i’m guessing) picture to save space and still keep it readable.
Then:
Cut your big picture into pieces of about 100×100 pixels and save them as gif’s with no interlacing and web colors. Make a html page with a big (depending on your scan) table (with no borders and no spacing) and insert your pieces into the cells, and they should line up nice and tight..(this could take a couple of attempts and /or a bit of tweeking if you are not the html wiz (I’m not) but i is doable! This ‘should’ give you a good result and a resonable loadtime so that everybody can handle the load and read your page.
This option should also work fine even if the article contains pictures as they tend to turn out just fine unless they are very high colors (and or definition)
You should imo include a link so that people who want to can download the original picture (or a link to the newspaper, if they have a web article service (dont know what else to call it)) 🙂
Good Luck
P
Phyrefly
Feb 22, 2007
On Feb 22, 12:20 am, "dwolf" wrote:
I’ve decided since I was given the original digital photo’s I’m just going to recreate the article myself.. thanks so much for your help Joel"Phyrefly" wrote in message

So what would be my best approach here.. a pdf might be okay, but it’s also
nice for the
web user not to have to view a pdf file especially if they do not have the
reader.. I’m open to

Hi Joel

Here a solution for you:

First:
Then:
Good Luck

No problem 🙂
Good Luck.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections