GS
Posted By
Glenadine_Strome
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I see this question has been asked before but I see no replies. How to print several different pictures on one page?
Thanks to all who were helpful on my first question.
G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DG
David G House
Jun 18, 2004
Good question…. that is something I wondered as well.. just had no need for it as yet..

David
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 18, 2004
If you have PE2 it can be done with Picture package. Select an image to print and a number of times to print it. If you pick 4 you will end up with four of the same image on the page. Then double clicking on any image to change it and only that one will change so you can move around the page and select different images. In PE1 you have to do it by hand …. I think …. JODI is that right?

Grant
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 18, 2004

1. Open new , blank canvas, white background, 8 1/2×11 in., RGB, resolution 240-300px/in.
2. Open your pictures and set resolution to the setting in step #1
3. Drag pictures to blank canvas. They will be on separate layers.
4. Use move tool to position pictures, size
Hope this helps. Repost if necessary.
Ken
DG
David G House
Jun 18, 2004
Thats an intresting workaround Ken….. its one of those.. WHy couldn’t I have thought of that… Thanks….

Grant.. when you double click on one of the images in your method.. what pops up???

David
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 18, 2004
Ken’s method isn’t really a workaround if you think about it. Grant’s method works well if your pictures are all the same size, it seems to me. The other method provides the versatility of positioning photographs of different sizes on the same page without having to go to the bother of creating a script.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 18, 2004
I do not recall where-from I obtained this technique, but it is not my "invention." I have spent considerable time over the past year with this program, reading selected books, and reading the posts on this board. The basic feature that the above referenced technique allows for is the control obtainable in the individual layers. Here one can utilize the various adjustment layers, curves (if installed), opacity, placement of the layers (in the stack), etc. to fine tune the individual components in a collage, for example.
Ken
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 18, 2004
One thing you should do slightly differently though…

Set page size of the initial doc to printable area of your printer, not necessarily 8.5 by 11.

Otherwise, you’ll get the "image is larger than printable area" error, assuming your printer can not do edge to edge on this size paper (which most injets cannot).

Mac
MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 19, 2004
For a detailed description of Ken’s method, see <http://www.geocities.com/roberthaus/print/>
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 19, 2004
Mark, thanks for posting this. It was the one i posted last time someone asked. Adobe needs to fix that link to in the FAQ.
JR
John_R._Collins
Jun 23, 2004
Hi,
I find that on a new 8.5×11 page, I can drag pictures onto the white page and resize each to any size I like by dragging a corner (while holding the shift key to maintain proportion). When I have a bunch of pictures on the page, a single click on a picture activates that picture’s layer for enhancements, etc. Make sure you rotate your picture before dragging it onto the new page. (You get the correst orientation more easily).
Re the printing problem, if your printer can’t print to the very edge of the page, as mine can’t, you’ll get a bit of a white border.

If you wish to see some examples of all of this, got to www.photo.epson.com, put my email address (without the .nospam) into the "view my friends…" window and select the Travel album. Click on any picture for enlargement.

John
GS
Glenadine_Strome
Jun 23, 2004
Thanks so much for your excellent directions on how to print several picts on one page. Glenie
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jun 23, 2004
I find that on a new 8.5×11 page, I can drag pictures onto the white page and resize each to any size I like by dragging a corner

That will work, but you should be aware that it is causing the image to be resampled, which will cause some degradation of image quality.
Bert
J
jhjl1
Jun 23, 2004
Welcome back Bert!

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I find that on a new 8.5×11 page, I can drag pictures onto the
white page
and resize each to any size I like by dragging a corner

That will work, but you should be aware that it is causing the image
to be resampled, which will cause some degradation of image quality.
Bert
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jun 23, 2004
Thanks, James. Glad to be home. A month is a long time to be away, but I did get some great wildlife pix in Africa, and some great shots of ancient ruins in the Greek Islands.
Bert
J
jhjl1
Jun 23, 2004
I can’t wait to see some of them, let us know when you get them posted.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
great wildlife pix in Africa, and some great shots of ancient ruins in the Greek Islands.
Bert
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 23, 2004
Welcome back Bert … nice to see you again 🙂

do let us know about the photos

Wendy
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jun 24, 2004
James and Wendy,
Thanks…it’s been pretty hectic since we got home…it’ll be a couple weeks before I get the new pix up to the website. I’ll let y’all know when I do.
Bert
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 24, 2004
Hi Bert ! Now ya need a vacation from your vacation…..oh ya, that’s ‘home’..Welcome back ! …missed ya 😉
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks, Jodi. You’re right, I came home dog-a$$ed tired. Took about 400 pix with my Oly E-20 in Africa and on the Med cruise. Suzanne took about 200 more with her point-and-shoot Canon A70. Some of hers are better than mine! I’m still going through them and downsampling for the Web.
Bert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections