thenam33
Feb 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Guys,

I really hope you can hlpe me with some problam i`m having, okay lets start:

I got about 100 picture most of them are 300 or 350 DPI , 70% of them are about 2000×1333 size , and the rest are

3000-2000 or 2500-3500, now i also got 10 frames , actully they are high resolution picture frames, they are

2950x 2400 on 350 DPI, now my question is in the frame there is a space to enter the photo but i want it to be

exactly the same size as the photo so first thing i did was to change the dpi to 300 as the picture is 300 dpi, after

that i change the pixels size from 2950 to 3300 so i can fit the photo inside the white space, after that i mess with

the free transform and it takes me alot of time to make the picture fit inside the frame, now my question is, is thier

a simple way to do it? and how can i make the frame fit to the other picture which have diffrent sizes?

btw i`m using photoshop cs2 and i also got jasc paint shop 9

sorry for my english and i hope you guys can help me, thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
Donald_Reese
Feb 14, 2007
I thought you could try entering your dimensions in the crop options bar and doing it that way. if you have different size photos and only one size frame,you are going to have to either crop some off your other sizes or if you dont mind a little distortion in the images,you could uncheck constrain proportions in the image size dialog,but that is usually not a good idea. you can not magically make a certain proportion image fit in a different size frame. my one thought was to resize your picture frames using the image size dialog and like i said, uncheck constrain proportions. so if you have a frame that is 8×10 to start,you could resize it to 8×12 or whatever,and that way you could customize your frame image to your own originals. just giving you a few ideas till a better one comes along.
T
thenam33
Feb 15, 2007
Well all the frames i have are all diffent sizes, guys you think i need to change the dpi of the frames to 300 insted of 350? becuse the image dpi is 300, so i just change them both to 300, is this okay?

plus i dont mind fit changing the size of the frames to 1 size image but i got about 5 more sizes and i dont want to do the same process over again, so maybe is there a tool or some other prog which can do this kind of job?

thanks.
C
chrisjbirchall
Feb 15, 2007
* Open the Frame document.

* Resize it to the required dimensions, with "resample" checked and the "resolution" set to 300 ppi.

* Go FILE>PLACE

* In the resulting dialogue box, navigate to the image you wish to place in the frame. Click OK.

* Your image will be "placed" as a new layer in the Frame document.

* Hold Shift and Alt (to maintain aspect ratio) and resize using the "transform" bounding box.

Job done. 🙂

Hope this helps.

Chris.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections