Posted By
Paul_Tholfsen
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Newbie – PSE 2.0 WinXP Home.
An old color photo came out on the film with a yellowish tint to the entire photo. I experimented with the Enhancement menu choices, but don’t really know what I’m doing. What would be the menu choices and settings to "de-yellow" the photo?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 17, 2004
It doesn’t always work the way I would like it to, but I have had some successes with the Enhance/Auto Color Correction and Auto Levels controls. After I have used those, sometimes I use the Enhance/Adjust Color/Color Variations. There are a lot of other approaches as well, but this is what I have used. Just remember that if you don’t like the results you can use the undo command or just close the file without saving it. Another good idea to consider since you are quite new would be to always work on a copy of your original photo so you always have the original to fall back on.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 17, 2004
Paul,

Try Image>Adjust Colour>Colour Cast …. sometimes it can work really well at getting rid of an unwanted colour cast. Just click around the image with the eyedropper and hopefully you will be able to correct it.

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 17, 2004
One other way is to use a Levels Adjustment Layer and set the black and white points for each channel as opposed to the composite. This often results in a shift to balanced color in the image and no color cast….often, but not always.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 18, 2004
Another way is to use the hue/saturation adjustment layer and choose ‘yellows’ and sample color from image with eyedropper tool then desaturate. This way leaves the luminosity of the image intact.

so many ways…… 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 18, 2004
Maybe Pepsodent would work….("You’ll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent").

OOPS….wrong forum….thought this was the ADA group.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 18, 2004
I like it Chuck 🙂

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections