AT
Posted By
Alan_Terrell
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you insert a Copyright symbol into a photograph?

Alan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 17, 2004
Alan,
Open background layer and duplicate, shut off visibility to background Open new, blank layer
Go to start>all programs>accessories>system tools>character map. Highlight © , copy, then paste in to new layer. Can move © around with move tool.
Ken
AT
Alan_Terrell
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks very much Ken. I’ll give that a try. My Alt/1069 just does not create the symbol.

Again, thanks.

ACT
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 17, 2004
Just remembered, you can also insert by clicking alt+0169 on numeric key pad. Ken
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 17, 2004
Alan,

Some fonts don’t have the copyright symbol … have you tried changing font?

Wendy
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 17, 2004
Wendy,
His combination:"My Alt/1069 just does not create the symbol" is faulty regardless of the font.
Ken
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 17, 2004
wrote
His combination:"My Alt/1069 just does not create the symbol" is faulty
regardless of the font.

It is a case of simple transposition — should be ALT-0169
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 17, 2004
Another option is to use the copyright custom shape located with the original Elements default shapes. It’s in the "Symbols" set.

Terri
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 17, 2004
Here is a cool trick with the © symbol. Create a symbol but use the 50% grey as the text colour. Size it as large as you want. Apply a bevel and maybe a drop shadow. Then go to your text layer and set the blend to overlay. You now have a transparent Copyright symbol.

Grant
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 17, 2004
Grant,

Very cool tip!

Terri

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections