B
Posted By
blackthirteen
Feb 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I didn’t find a suggestion board – maybe Adobe don’t care about its user suggestions?

Even though Photoshop is the most powerful graphics tool in the world, I’ve been disappointed with a lot of functionalities that make the experience painful. And sadly, none of these issues improved from version to version.

Here’s a list of suggestions. I consider them extremely important;

Subject: Zooming with the middle wheel from the mouse.
It would be very useful to have an option to jump directly at ratio 25%, 33.33%, 50%, 66.67%, 100%, 200% while zooming with the mouse instead of Zooming per 5%. Because it would be more convenient while working with pixel arts without a blurred ratio. Not to forget that it would make the zooming a lot faster. Also, the cursor should be the focal target for zooming. For instance, let’s suppose I want to zoom-in on a dot, I would simply point my mouse on the dot and then scroll with my mouse. I would save a lot of time!

Subject: Snapping elements to grid.
Please, make the snap influence adjustable and more intense. For instance, I often have to displace a lot of tiles on the grid but unfortunately the snapping effect is almost non-existent and I’m forced to be ultra meticulous which result to lose of time.

Subject: Eraser tool.
It would be very useful to have shortcuts to reduce the size exactly like the brush tool.

Subject: Deleting quickly the content of a layer without multiple key combinations. When I’m doing fast sketches I’m tempted to delete the content of a layer repeatedly to delete everything, but Photoshop is making the process long because I have to select all the layer area and then hit delete key. Instead it would be nice to quickly delete the content of a layer (without actually deleting the layer itself) by simply hitting delete key. It would be very appreciable.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Feb 12, 2007
It’s called the feature request forum.

It would be very useful to have shortcuts to reduce the size exactly like the brush tool.

Use the brush option for the eraser. the same shortcut apply to resize it.

Subject: Deleting quickly the content of a layer without multiple key combinations.

If hitting ctrl-A and then delete is too long, record it as an action and assign an F-key to it.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 12, 2007
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.eeadf6e/>

BTW the Eraser tool already resizes like the Brush. You just pick a Brush to use when erasing.

Okay, CN; you beat me to it.
B
blackthirteen
Feb 12, 2007
thanks for the link, I didn’t see it, there are so many links 😀

sorry about the eraser tool, I forgot to mention it isn’t working when using the eraser from my stylus.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections