P
Posted By
ps1
Dec 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Got a new Mac Pro so the OS is Leopard, I had F-keys assigned to open menus etc., and they are no longer working, e.g., I had F 10 assigned to Image Size, now it turns the mute on and off.

How do I get it back to the previous behavior?

TIA,

Geoff

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LarryGR
Dec 14, 2008
What system are you coming from? Checkout System Preferences in the Apple menu, click on Keyboard & Mouse then Keyboard Shortcuts to see if that’s what you might be looking for. Good luck.
L
LarryGR
Dec 14, 2008
Did you notice the topic Installing UseOldShortcuts.plugin for CS4 which also might be what you are looking for?
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 14, 2008
At change of system your old assigned keyboard shortcuts will not travel with your user onwards to your new system automatically. First of all you have to turn off the system default shortcuts for the Fkeys. You do that in System Preferences. Keyboard and Mouse, Keyboard. See text at the tickbox and check if you have it on or off. Assigning other functions to the f-keys you use the Keyboard Shortcuts area. What LarryGR mentions above is only for Photoshop.
P
PShock
Dec 14, 2008
No doubt it’s the new aluminum keyboard (which I love), that’s tripping you up. There are a couple of ways to address it.

Go into the Keyboard preferences and place a check for the

Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys (i.e., the "old way")

You can then assign different keys for system level control in Keyboard shortcuts tab.

Alternatively, you can leave it unchecked – in PS, press and hold the fn key (next to the home key), before using your standard F key shortcuts. The fn key is basically a temporary "toggle" to switch the focus between system and application. So, pressing fn before hitting F10 will not mute the system sound, but carry out whatever PS shortcut you have assigned.

-phil
P
ps1
Dec 14, 2008
PShock, yes, it’s the aluminum, I’ll give it a try.

Thanks,

Geoff

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections