RS
Posted By
Rick_Showalter
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new user and am having a problem with the zoom tool (v 2.0) When I use a brush to paint an area then click on the zoom tool to do more detailed work the area that I just painted will be selected…Then if I try to deselect it the painted area will disappear and I will be back to where I started. I have tried resetting all tools and it still does the same thing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Rick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 15, 2004
Rick….

Not sure I fully understand your problem but you don’t need to select the zoom tool just to zoom in or out. Leave your paint brush selected and hold ctrl + space down. The tool will temporarily turn into the zoom tool. If you add alt to that sequence you can zoom out.

Also just holding the space bar brings up the hand tool so you can pan around.

Colin
RS
Rick_Showalter
Jun 15, 2004
Thanks…I will try that
Rick
JJ
JoAn_J_Yost
Jun 15, 2004
Have you tried the navigator tool for close work? I do a great deal of really close work and Using the navigator tool, you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to pan in and out on what you are working on.. If you haven’t tried it, you will find it under the window in the top tool bar. I use that more than any other constant tool on my programs, elements and PS6. JoAn
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 15, 2004
Another zoom short cut sequence is ctrl and + to zoom in; ctrl and – to zoom out. No need to select or deselect the zoom tool just as with Colin’s shortcut keys. By the way, you don’t deselect a tool so I am guessing (key word guessing) you may be hitting the backwards arrow in the options bar which undoes the last operation you preformed. It’s the only thing I can figure unless you are using a the keyboard shortcut for backwards (cntrl Z).

Terri
RS
Rick_Showalter
Jun 15, 2004
JoAn and Terri…
Thanks for your tips…I am scratching my head why the zoom tool is in the box? Is its function the same in elements and PS6? Thanks
Rick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections