NS
Posted By
nils_smith
Jun 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi i am wondering if it is possible to put a custom point to rotate around in elements. normally you can only rotate around 8 points on the outside. i am asking if it’s possible to put a point inside the picture to rotate around.. also is it possible to make another object a child or parent of another so taht if the adult is moved the child will move with it? thanks for your help. if anyone knows a program that can do these can you please tell?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 14, 2004
hi i am wondering if it is possible to put a custom point to rotate around in elements. normally you can only rotate around 8 points on the outside. i am asking if it’s possible to put a point inside the picture to rotate around..

Not in Photoshop Elements. Only Photoshop (big brother) will permit this.

also is it possible to make another object a child or parent of another so taht if the adult is moved the child will move with it? thanks for your help. if anyone knows a program that can do these can you please tell?

If you link the two layers together, yes, it will act the way you describe.

The full procedure : Have each object on their own layer, then select the first one in the layer palette (window / layer), then click on the secomd small box of the layer (the first box contains an eye, and the second one should be empty) containing the second object (child layer). This will be put a small chain link symbol. From now own, if you move one, the other will move as well.

Ray
NS
nils_smith
Jun 15, 2004
so ur saying the regular photoshop will let me put my own pivot points? thx for teh help. once again i will say thank you so much because this is all i need so i can make proffessional looking cartoons.
NS
nils_smith
Jun 16, 2004
THANK YOU. i have tried this out on my friends full version of photoshop and it works great. thank you so much.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 16, 2004
Pleased to know that!

….Another satisfied customer 🙂

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections