After install – Error message (updateprogram)

JK
Posted By
Joakim.Karlsson
Feb 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have installed a fresh copy of photoshop CS2 v.9.02 Swedish on a new hp computer with the latest service updates. When i start photoshop i get an error telling me that "Adobe updateprogram could not start. Reinstall the program and all components."

I have done that 2 times but with same error everytime.

Can i deactivate the update module?
Is it a compability issue with XP SP2 with IE7?
Also when i press F1 for help section i get an error telling me that "An error occured when the helpprogram were importing. You might be forced to reinstall the program and the helpcomponents."

What to do??

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Boardstretcher
Feb 9, 2007
On Feb 9, 8:54 am, wrote:
I have installed a fresh copy of photoshop CS2 v.9.02 Swedish on a new hp computer with the latest service updates. When i start photoshop i get an error telling me that "Adobe updateprogram could not start. Reinstall the program and all components."

I have done that 2 times but with same error everytime.

Can i deactivate the update module?
Is it a compability issue with XP SP2 with IE7?
Also when i press F1 for help section i get an error telling me that "An error occured when the helpprogram were importing. You might be forced to reinstall the program and the helpcomponents."

What to do??

Sounds to me like your "fresh" copy aint so fresh. Perhaps a bad download. Perhaps an error on the cd. I suggest getting another copy and trying it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections