SS
Posted By
steven_shmerler
Dec 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS3 (10.0.1) – when using Save For Web for the first time after launch PS, saving a picture takes 30 seconds (even small 72 dpi files) before PS will complete the save. PS saves subsequent files immediately. As a test the same file that hung, will later save immediately. It’s not the file or it’s size, it’s PS SFW. I don’t experience this hang anywhere else within PS. I have plenty of RAM and computer for this not to happen:

OSX – 10.5.5, using a Mac Pro 2 x 3.0 GHz Quad-Core, 4GB RAM

I’m also seeing this same exact first time problem in:

1) Snapz Pro X (2.1.3b3) (screen capture app) – when I first launch it and try to do a screen shot, it takes 10 – 20 seconds before SP will respond. After this, it is instantaneous

2) Now Up To Date (5.3.2) – When accessing it’s Quick Contact function located in the OS menu bar by the Apple clock, I get the beach ball for 10+ seconds. After this, all subsequent accessing is instantaneous.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Dec 10, 2008
I smell a leopard around here, somewhere…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections