LL
Posted By
Lance_Lenoir
Dec 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When choosing the zoom tool in CS4 you have options in the menu bar at the top and one of them is Fill Screen. Is there a keyboard shortcut for that option or is there a way to set that option to a function key?

Lance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Dec 9, 2008
GP
Gary_Politzer
Dec 10, 2008
Check out the View menu.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 10, 2008
Lance:

Cmd 0 (zero) still Fills the Screen in CS4 Β— and both Cmd 1 and Cmd Option 0 give you the 100% view.

And in CS4 you can also use the OpenGL continuous zoom if you have a suitable video card.
R
Ram
Dec 10, 2008
Ann,

Cmd 0 (zero) still Fills the Screen in CS4

Nope. That Fits the Screen. Fill Screen is different.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 10, 2008
It may be unbelievable but this is the first time that I have even heard of "Fill Screen"!

(Probably because I very seldom look at the menus for anything Β— it’s always Shortcuts for me!)
R
Ram
Dec 10, 2008
Ann,

It may be unbelievable but this is the first time that I have even heard of "Fill Screen"!

I find it completely believable, having just found out about it myself. πŸ™‚

I scratched my head when I first tried it. Then it dawned on me: it’s actually an early attempt to appease recent Mac converts who object to seeing their desktop. πŸ˜€
LL
Lance_Lenoir
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for the replies Ann and RamΓ³n. I had a script that would do exactly what Fill Screen does for CS3 and I assigned it a function key. That way when I opened an image I would just hit the function key and the image would fill the screen.

It’s a great feature when working on the 30" monitors. I love being able to fill the screen and see the entire face of someone I’m working on while still having access to all my tools without being in full screen mode.

But to get to that option you have to hit the "Z" key then click the Fill Screen option. I was hoping there was a way to script that or either action it so it would be one move instead of two moves to make it happen.

Lance

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections