PT
Posted By
Paul_Tholfsen
Jun 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a new user of PSE 2.0 on a WinXP Home computer. In the accompanying user guide, and another book on the program, the Palette well is about six inches wide, and dislays all the individual tabs. On my saytem, however, the palette well is about two inches wide. The tabs are so tightly packed that it’s impossible to see them and nearly impossible to click on any but the ones at the ends. Is this a result of my 15" monitor?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KW
Kyle_White
Jun 13, 2004
Hi Paul,

It’s probably a combination of your 15" monitor and the resolution you’re running it at. If you’re at 800×600 pixels, try 1024×768. It’s going to make a lot of things a little squinchy to see, but, if you can, maybe switch back and forth and use the higher resolution just when you’re working in PSE2.

The size of the palette well is pretty much decided by your screen resolution.

HTH

Kyle
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 13, 2004
Paul,

Its best to only have the palettes you use a lot in the well … at least that way you can see the ones you do have out.

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 13, 2004
Wendy, I have the palettes I use the very most (Layers, Info, Navigator, and Swatches) ‘floating’ on the desktop. The second echelon (How To (where the Snap Actions reside), Effects, Filters, and Undo History) reside in the Palette Well.

Chuck
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 14, 2004
Chuck,

Its funny the palettes you get used to … Info, Navigator and Swatches I rarely use.

I keep none on the desktop and have Filters, Layers, Layer Styles, Effects, Undo History and How to in the well 🙂

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 14, 2004
Wendy, truth be told: Swatches and Navigator get very little use. Info, on the other hand, comes in very handy for measuring crops (I keep my rulers on and displaying pixel dimensions) and judging tones (have RGB and K as the eyedropper selections).

I’m surprised you don’t leave your Layers palette open on your desktop; I find it so annoying when it closes after use if it’s in the well. But to each her/his own – the beauty of Elements!

Chuck

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections