How to prints multiple photos in 4X6 paper with Photo 2.0?

ME
Posted By
Mario_E_Cierra
Jun 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I used to print with Photo Deluxe Home Edition, in 4×6 paper multiple 2×2 photograps. Today traying to improve the quality of my photograps, I moved to Photoshop 2.0, then 5.0, to Windows XP, to printers with Print Image Matching and become A COMPLETE DISASTER:

I CAN’T PRINT MULTIPLE PHOTOGRAPHS IN 4×6 PAPER, BECAUSE PHOTOSHOP JUST GIVE OPTIONS WITH 8×10 AND LARGER PAPERS. Photoshop Elements offer options to print in PACKAGES but not in single and small pages as 4X6. Some body has the solution to this headache?

Mario Cierra

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
John_MacGowan
Jun 13, 2004
I, too, would like to be able to print 4X6 photos using the file, print layout, picture package option. I use 8.5X11 photo paper and should be able to get three 4X6 photos per sheet. It would be great to see a how-to resposnse to this. Thanks.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 13, 2004
John,
I use PE V.1, and have picture package option for 3 4×6’s. You can install this easily. In Windows Explorer, go to C/Program Files/Adobe/Elements/Presets where you can install it. In Notepad, write this:
I 8.5 10.5
(3)4×6
0.25 0.25 4 6
4.3 0.25 4 6
1 6.5 6 4
then drag it to the preset folder.
Ken
TK
Tim_Kiper
Jun 14, 2004
Kenneth, could you provide the text line for (2) 4X6 photos using a 8X10 printing area. I used the following for (2) 5X7’s and it worked great.

I 8 10
(2)5×7
0.5 0 7 5
0.5 5 7 5

Thanks in advance
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jun 14, 2004
Here’s how I handle multiple pictures on a single sheet (and it doesn’t matter what size the sheet is):

1: Open a new document sized for the paper size (or just under), resolution 300 ppi 2: Open one of the images you wish to print
3: Resize to the appropriate image size if necessary
4: sharpen if necessary
5: drag the resized, sharpened image to the new document and position it appropriately

repeat the above procedure for additional images until you have all the images you want to print

send it to the printer
TK
Tim_Kiper
Jun 14, 2004
Mark, your suggestion worked well. However, it would be great if the process could be automated with picture package. Thanks
CF
Catherine_Fenner
Jun 14, 2004
Kenneth:

I thought I followed your instructions, copying your text to Notepad and dragging it to Presents. But, it isn’t showing in PE 2.0 Layouts. I made up a name for the document which I think followed the format in the same folder. Could it be I named it incorrectly and PE isn’t picking it up?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 14, 2004
Did you restart PSE after putting the new doc in?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections