LA
Posted By
lloyd_ator
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I go to page setup in preview my only printer choice is Apple Color Laserwriter xxx yyy, which I do not have. My Epson Stylus Photo 2200 shows up and actually prints in other applications on the G4, e.g., homepage for IE or Safari. Apple tech tells me (1) it only works in OS 9.x, (2) you need to download new drivers from Epson (done both for OS X and OS9.x), and (3) sorry, we don’t support Adobe products!
Epson says just download and install the OS X driver update and you should be fine. Did it and I’m not.
Except for page setup, I am not aware of any other way to select a printer in Elements–and it worked just fine that way with my Dell PC.
The G4 recognizes and works with both the PS 2200 (just not in Adobe Elements) and an HP 4110 (used for text printing).
Has anyone else encountered this problem? Has anyone else solved the problem? How?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 11, 2004
Did you load Elements before or after the printer driver was installed? If before, try reloading Elements and see if that makes a difference.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jun 11, 2004
Lloyd,

I have PSE2 and the Epson 2200 which runs with a G4 iMac in OS 10.1.5. It’s strange that it doesn’t show up in Page set-up for Elements. If you go to Hard Drive–>Applications–>Utilities–>Print Center, does it show up there? You have to select the Epson 2200 from the list and add the printer all its options in the Print Center first, then it should show up in Elements. Sorry, I have no other ideas why it isn’t in there.

Barb

EDIT: Sometimes with Elements you have to close and re-open the application for anything new to show up, like a driver.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 11, 2004
lloyd, have you tried with the driver that’s the third cd of the panther install?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 11, 2004
that’s the third

meant to say that’s ON the third
LA
lloyd_ator
Jun 16, 2004
Thanks but my G4 came with the software installed. I have no CDs for Panther. Now that I think of it, that seems odd, but I purchased it directly from Apple and there were no CDs in the package.
I’ve tried reinstalling Adobe Photoshop Elements with the Epson printer turned on and connected. No joy.
I can see that APE starts in the OS 9.X environment, so I tried to add the Epson to that environment. Can’t figure out how to do that. The "add USB printer" screen is grayed out.
Just tried to call Adobe for tech support and got shuttled to a line that essentially told me that if I haven’t purchased a support package I should drop dead–which is what the telephone tree did.
Maybe i just go back to using my Dell PC for my photo work. The G4 makes a lovely doorstop.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 16, 2004
Lloyd,

You do need to contact Apple … without the disks you are likely to have problems in the future.

My G4 and iBook both came direct from Apple and the CDs were included in the package.

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 16, 2004
Wait a minute. Many things are not right here. Is your computer a refurb? If not, you definitely should have gotten at least a dvd with your software on it.

I can see that APE starts in the OS 9.X environment

What version of Elements is this? Photoshop elements 1 is not compatible with OS X and that would explain some of your problems. Do you have PE1 or PE2?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections