Posted By
Claudiolky
Dec 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a super computer:
– quadCore2 / 4 Gb of RAM / Gforce 512 MB / 2 HD with 250 GB each etc etc….. but with windows XP pack3

– I installed the CS4 extended… and for my surprise is not working like CS3. YES! THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE BRUSH EDGES and when i try to save large files(warning me that I have lack of memory)

– Than I installed the same CS4 at my old computer AMD Atlon. Is working great!!! no problem with the Bush edge. I have there the Windows XP pack2

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Dec 5, 2008
Ahem! You’re welcome here anytime, Claudiolky, but this is the Adobe Photoshop Macintosh forum.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 6, 2008
Claudiolky,

Although you are in the Mac forum, I can tell you that for working with truly "large" files, you should add more RAM. And much larger hard drives. This advice won’t fix your posted problem. But it will give you something a bit closer to a "super" computer.

Also, check in the Windows forum whether you should upgrade to the latest service pack.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections