E
Posted By
edgeey
Dec 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know how to import your brush presets without crashing photoshop CS4? I am using a mac power pc G5 4 g ram with os 10.4.11. Crashes every time i load my brushes.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 5, 2008
We haven’t seen or heard of that.
Can you post a set of brushes that causes the crash?
GB
g_ballard
Dec 5, 2008
you probably have bad brushes…where did you get them
E
edgeey
Dec 5, 2008
The brushes work fine with my cs3.
They were a collection that I have gathered over the years, from dvds, that I made, or from friends.
How do I post brushes here?
R
Ram
Dec 5, 2008
Upload them to FTP and post the link here.
E
edgeey
Dec 5, 2008
to an adobe FTP or i need to set one up? Is there an email I can send to?
R
Ram
Dec 5, 2008
If you don’t have FTP space provided by your ISP, then use one of the services like yousendit.com.

No, you cannot use email and no, Adobe does not provide FTP services for this purpose.
E
edgeey
Dec 5, 2008
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 5, 2008
Your brushes seem to be corrupt: they crashed both CS3 and CS4 instantly when i tried to load them.

Hopefully, you have an undamaged set backed-up somewhere?
E
edgeey
Dec 5, 2008
yes i do have back up but they load fine into my cs3 pc and mac. oh well I guess i will have to find them again and make a new set.

Thanks for all the help!!
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 5, 2008
Hey, corrupt files that cause crashes are also useful — so we can learn how to avoid those crashes in the future.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 5, 2008
Holy cow. That file crashes every version of Photoshop on my system (back to 7.0). It looks like a brushes file, with a few bytes corrupted. But I’ll have to spend some time to isolate the cause of the crash.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 5, 2008
I take that back – it doesn’t crash 7.0, there it just gets a "not compatible" warning.
E
edgeey
Dec 5, 2008
Hope you can find a good solution. It works fine with my cs3
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 5, 2008
I can’t figure out how it works for you — it crashes my CS3 on Mac and Windows. And from the looks of the errors, it should always be crashing or giving a program error.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 5, 2008
Hmm, at least 3 of the brushes in the file are corrupt.
The first one is corrupt in a bizarre way that we didn’t expect. I’m adding some extra error checking for that case now,
The next 2 corrupt brushes are just corrupt bitmap data and just give an error (not compatible, and wrong version).

Unfortunately, I’m not sure I can recover any of them.

If you have those brushes in CS3, I suggest saving a couple copies to new locations and seeing which ones load correctly in CS4. I’m not sure how the file was corrupted – it could be disk errors, a virus, etc. so there are no guarantees.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 6, 2008
edgeey,

Did you Zip or Stuff the brushes before uploading them? They may have gone bad in the data transmission.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 6, 2008
edgeey,

Did you Zip or Stuff the brushes before uploading them? If not, they may have gone bad in the data transmission.

Neil
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 9, 2008
Neil – no, I doubt that is the problem. I think his originally saved file is corrupt.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 9, 2008
Chris,

My gut feeling as well. But, <grasping at straws>you never know!</grasping at straws>

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections