DF
Posted By
DUN_FERMLINE
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
MY FILE BROWSER WINDOW HAS TYPICALLY OPENED IN THE MAXIMISE POSITION FILLING THE SCREEN. TODAY IT IS CHOOSING TO OPEN AS AN APPROXIMATE 6X4 WINDOW. I THEN CLICK ON THE MAXIMISE BUTTON TO EXPAND IT AND CHOOSE AN IMAGE. AS IT SELECTS THE IMAGE, THE FILE BROWSER WINDOW REDUCES AGAIN, AND AFTER I AM FINISHED WITH THE IMAGE AND HAVE RETURNED IT TO THE FILE BROWSER, I HAVE TO EXPAND THE FILE BROWSER WINDOW AGAIN TO GET IT IN THE MAXIMISE POSITION. HOW CAN I RESET IT. I AM NOT AWARE OF CHANGING ANY OF THE PREFERENCES ?
ANY IDEAS? I AM USING XP WITH PE2
JIM D

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 11, 2004
wrote in message
: MY FILE BROWSER WINDOW HAS TYPICALLY OPENED IN THE MAXIMISE POSITION FILLING THE SCREEN. TODAY IT IS CHOOSING TO OPEN AS AN APPROXIMATE 6X4 WINDOW. I THEN CLICK ON THE MAXIMISE BUTTON TO EXPAND IT AND CHOOSE AN IMAGE. AS IT SELECTS THE IMAGE, THE FILE BROWSER WINDOW REDUCES AGAIN, AND AFTER I AM FINISHED WITH THE IMAGE AND HAVE RETURNED IT TO THE FILE BROWSER, I HAVE TO EXPAND THE FILE BROWSER WINDOW AGAIN TO GET IT IN THE MAXIMISE POSITION. HOW CAN I RESET IT. I AM NOT AWARE OF CHANGING ANY OF THE PREFERENCES ?
: ANY IDEAS? I AM USING XP WITH PE2
: JIM D
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 11, 2004
Jim

You may have better luck if you don’t post using caps. Most people associate all upper case with yelling and won’t read it.

Grant
KW
Ken_Wolin
Jun 11, 2004
Forget the maximize button. Just place the cursor on the title bar and move the browser up to the top left area of your screen. Then come down to the bottom right corner and drag the browser window open as far as you like. It should open that way the next time you open the browser.

——- Kenny
DF
DUN_FERMLINE
Jun 11, 2004
Kenny, Thank you for your help, it is working like a charm ? My only other questin is how it got reduced in size in the first place !! Jim D
KW
Ken_Wolin
Jun 12, 2004
Dun:

I’ve come to the conclusion that things like this occur because we are all owners of what the great Leo Laporte calls, personal confusers.

Oh, that problem with the browser? Don’t worry… it’ll happen again. In fact, there may be a time when you click on the browser icon and you won’t see ANYTHING. When that happens, just go up to Windows/Reset Palette Locations and you’ll get it back.

——- Kenny
DF
DUN_FERMLINE
Jun 12, 2004
Thank you Ken for your help and suggestions. I have been using PE2 now for several years and still get confusing situations coming out of the blue.
Jim D

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections