Choice of Gamma Loader Affects Menu Bar Appearance?

DP
Posted By
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Folks,

I’ve seen this off and on for quite a while now, on different PCs, and going back at least to PS CS, but rarely think to ask about it being as the problem is so minor. But, have any of you noticed that the menu bar of Photoshop is affected by the use of gamma loaders other than Adobe Gamma, such that the menu text is on a white background as shown here:

<http://ambress.com/photoshop/cs2menubar.swf>

If I open the File menu and move across to the adjacent ones, the menu bar will be "painted" with white in the background until I move out of the application window. Then, it reverts back to the black text on white background. Click the above image for a flash video of this observation.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and if there is a solution? If not, I’ll just keep ignoring it as I’ve been doing. Note, the presence of the Macro Toolbar is not a factor, and Photoshop is the only application demonstrating this behavior.

Thanks,

Daryl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections