BD
Posted By
Bob_Dunkerley
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently, when I try to open up the above,I am asked to open an Internet connection. The only way I can access the Help Files is via Windows Explorer.
What has happened?
BobD.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 9, 2004
You’re not really getting on the internet. Elements uses your default browser – in this case it appears to be Internet Explorer – to display the Help pages. If you look toward the bottom of an open page you’ll see the browser is working in the "local zone", whereas it displays "internet zone" when you’re actually online.

If you’re a new user, I’d also suggest you open Elements and go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency at which Elements checks automatically for updates to Never. There aren’t any, and it can really slow the opening process down if it keeps looking for something that doesn’t exist.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 10, 2004
Bob,

Have you recently installed a fire wall? When I installed ZoneAlarm a few weeks ago the first time I accessed Elements Help ZoneAlarm asked for permission for Elements to access the internet. I checked Yes and instructed it to remember that answer next time. No more problem.

Bob
BD
Bob_Dunkerley
Jun 11, 2004
Bob & Beth,
Many thanks for your suggestions.
I was not too bothered about the Internet Connection, the real problem is that I can’t open the Element Help files by clicking "Help>Photoshop Elements Help" as I have always done in the past.
I will turn off the "Check for updates" as you suggested. I agree, there never are any! Thanks again, BobD.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections