DZ
Posted By
Dan_z_Shaw
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop elements 2.0 running on a Mac [OS 10.3] I want to replace a dark area on a face with skin tones
the clone tool does not work well because I can’t get it to blend Replace color does not work because the hue is much grayer than the surrounding fleshtones.

I can select the area nicely with magic wand or magnetic lasso

thanks in advance

dan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
Jun 9, 2004
Dan,

Have you tried… with the area selected, create a new Levels adjustment layer. Tinker with the Input Levels values via the histogram sliders to see if you can get a good result that way. Creating the Levels layer while you have the selection made isolates the effects to just that area.

If you need to adjust or feather your selection to improve the results, just delete the layer and start over with the selection, or work on the Levels layer’s layer mask if you are comfortable doing so.

HTH,

Byron
NS
Nancy_S
Jun 9, 2004
Dan,

You could try using the sponge tool on Desaturate on the areas where you have used Replace Color. Try adjusting the opacity of the layer with the correction on it in the Layers Palette and maybe changing the blending mode for that layer. Perhaps adjusting the saturation level of your colored replacement layer with Hue/Sat. would work out.

On a blank layer above your original, try using the clone tool with the option of "Lighten" or "Color" instead of normal. Check to make sure you’re not using a hard brush.

Try adding a little noise to the added color area so it doesn’t look like plastic.

Make sure you have your selection boundary feathered by several pixels.

Byron…sorry, was typing as you answered
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 9, 2004
wrote
Byron…sorry, was typing as you answered

Nancy,

No need for ‘sorry’… the more, the better!!

Byron
RA
Ronnie_Abrams
Jun 9, 2004
That is a great question, I can never get the color to match the head when I transfer it to another body.
Ron
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 9, 2004
If you take a head from one image and need to match the colours to another body I have found the easiest way to get it right is using Levels.

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections