BH
Posted By
Barry_Hamilton
Feb 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suddenly this morning, the only tool that will work is the hand tool. Clicking on tool icon or using keyboard shortcut, the options bar will reflect the tool chosen, but only the hand displays, or works, on the image.
I had made no changes to my PSCS2.
I did a pref delete and same results.
What have I done? What should I do??

Thanks

Barry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 3, 2007
What is the file like? Does it do this on all files? Is there an active selection somewhere, maybe very small?

More info needd.
BH
Barry_Hamilton
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks for responding, Ed.
It was just a jpg.
I did a virus and spyware scan, then a defrag. The tools now are working! Any ideas, or was the defrag just needed?

Barry
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 3, 2007
No idea. Could have been any one of them or none. Just keep an eye on it.
AR
Alan_Reed
Feb 3, 2007
When I select a color with the eyedropper tool, it always places the selected color in the background window so that in order to use the color, I must switch foreground and background color? I have reset tools but it still does this. Any help?
AR
Alan_Reed
Feb 3, 2007
click the foreground / background windows in the color paletter so that the foreground one is highlighted.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 3, 2007
Alan,

Yes, it’s in the FAQs. And to avoid confusion, you should make a new topic for your question instead of glomming on to an existing one.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections