JH
Posted By
Jim_Hess
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For the past 27 years in this has been the view I have enjoyed as I gaze across the street from my home. Now, progress is taking over and they are going to dot this landscape with homes. Anyway, I just thought I would share this morning shot with you. It is a 2- image panorama.

< http://groups.msn.com/JimHessPhotos/shoebox.msnw?action=Show Photo&PhotoID=31>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PC
Pat_Coggin
Jun 9, 2004
Oh my gosh…I do weep with you. Beautiful pic..
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 9, 2004
ya, that sucks. 15 million houses for sale and people insit on building new ones.
DG
David G House
Jun 9, 2004
Jim.. it may be a week late but please go back to last weeks "Challenge" and look for mine.. it may be fitting for you…. I still reside in the country and would not move back into a city for anything… nnow please share.. does that view give you a sunrise or a sunset???Whichever.. take in as many as you can..

David
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jun 9, 2004
Gosh Jim,

I weep with you. What a beautiful view you’ve had.
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jun 9, 2004
Lovely, lovely shot of a beautiful landscape. A few years ago we lived in a condominium townhouse that had a beautiful, large maple tree just outside our private back yard area. It shaded our back yard, provided glorious colour in the fall, housed birds and shielded our view from the side of another row of townhouses. One day (and without consultation or warning) the condo corp had the tree cut down because the roots ‘might eventually’ get into the drains of the neighbouring townhouse row. I was furious. It changed the entire complexion of the house. We sold and moved 3 months later.

Perhaps you and your neighbours can form a ‘community association’ if you don’t already have one. Start asking questions about the development and voicing whatever concerns you might have. Regardless of how far you get, it won’t hurt to have the developer know that a ‘lobby group’ is watching.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jun 9, 2004
Jim,

I can relate as well. http://tinyurl.com/2q7qu

At least we got a moutain view out of the cutting. 🙁

Dick
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 9, 2004
let’s not go any further. this thread is getting depressing. Leave me in my imaginary world will ya.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jun 9, 2004
Well,

I’d take the highest resolution photo of that landscape that I possibly can, blow it up to it’s fullest and cover your view of the housing project going in.
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 9, 2004
We are undergoing a similar tragedy here on Cape Cod……The little quaint cottages, usually one story high, are being bought up and torn down. Then in their place people are building huge Trophy houses, heaven knows how they manage to circumvent and ignore the zoning laws!
Open land is being grabbed by developers too, but our town is fighting this and buying up all the open land as fast as we can. We have a deal where we can donate private funds to it, and then the town adds their money and between all of us, a lot of land is being protected.
There is a 15.5 acre parcel directly across the street from us, which is protected by another means. Towns and people just have to get the land before the developers do.
I won’t even go into the problems of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. The prices are out of sight. Audubon, Nature Conservancy, and others are buying and protecting wetlands as fast as they can too. We have to do this now, because it is already becoming too late in some areas. Jane
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 9, 2004
If one extrapolates on this recipe, where will our progeny live? Ken
SS
Susan_S.
Jun 10, 2004
It’ s been happening for years the world over – since the 1930s anyway. My Dad goes on about areas he played in as a lad that got built over in the post War housing boom (in the UK). I’m sort of lucky where I am, in that I’m so far into suburbia that I don’t have a view that can be built over – apart from the park acrosss the road, and as that’s a war memorial park, it’s likely to stay. And the whole suburb is heritage listed – it was built as a garden suburb in the 1920s and is very largely intact, with few of the original bungalows replaced by modern buildings – the adjacent suburbs are all suffering from infill and replacement of the original houses either by townhouses or modern houses which seeem to be totally impractical for the Australian climate – lots of exposed glass, no verandahs, thinwalled construction so they are totally reliant on heavy use of airconditioning and heating.

Susan S
RH
Ron Hunter
Jun 12, 2004
wrote:
For the past 27 years in this has been the view I have enjoyed as I gaze across the street from my home. Now, progress is taking over and they are going to dot this landscape with homes. Anyway, I just thought I would share this morning shot with you. It is a 2- image panorama.

< http://groups.msn.com/JimHessPhotos/shoebox.msnw?action=Show Photo&PhotoID=31>

It is a shame, but then people must have a place to live. When will the governments of the world figure out that we have enough people on this small dust mote and stop encouraging, if not actively discourage, population growth? It need not be draconian in the mode of China, but it MUST happen or we will eat ourselves into a crisis, the outcome of which will be pretty ugly.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections