L
Posted By
LRK
Nov 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please separate the Crop tool from the Slicing Knives, the way it used to be. I use all these tools a lot. It is so inconvenient to have to sort through the three to get the right one each time.

Linda

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 29, 2008
C or shift+C

🙂
L
LRK
Nov 29, 2008
Hi Scott!

It seems when I hit C it always lands on the slice tool. When I want the Slice Tool, it lands on one of the others. Shift C is awkward but I use it. So you don’t find it inconvenient being stacked together?
L
LRK
Nov 29, 2008
It just dawned on me that I can probably assign a custom shortcut to each tool. That will work. Thanks for the attempt anyway.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 29, 2008
switches tot eh last used tool there. So if you last used the Slice Tool, c will switch to that. I find c and shift C work great here. However, to be honest, I rarely touch the slice tool anymore. My workflow is more select, copy visible, new doc, save for web. Since there is no Web Content panel anymore slices are just cumbersome and useless to me.
L
LRK
Nov 29, 2008
I can tell your workflow is quite a bit more advanced than mine.
L
LRK
Nov 29, 2008
Another thing which I miss is being able to use the slice select tool to select all the slices at once and delete them. For some reason, with CS4 I have to select them one at a time to delete them.
RE
Ralph_Eisenberg
Dec 2, 2008
I agree that it would be worthwhile to have the Crop tool separate.
L
LRK
Dec 2, 2008
Thank you for posting.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 2, 2008
Use Configurator to customize your panels and assign your own shortcuts.

But they have run out of keyboard shortcuts. I understand they were going to get rid of the blur and sharpen tool, one of the reasons was that they no longer have a key command for them.

The sharpen tool is a good idea but it never worked well for me the blur tool on the other hand is very useful.

I think you should try Configurator that might be you solution, Ann and Ramón seem good with this tool.
L
LRK
Dec 2, 2008
Thanks Wade. I do plan to give Configurator a try soon.

I do use the Sharpen and Blur tools, so I hope they don’t remove them. I would rather scroll through the tool bar than have them remove tools.
R
Ram
Dec 3, 2008
Configurator that might be you solution, Ann and Ramón seem good with this tool.

Ramón? How did I ever get thrown into the mix? I haven’t even looked into the Configurator, let alone downloaded it, figuring it’s an added complication I hardly need right now. 🙁
SW
Scott_Weichert
Dec 3, 2008
Configurator is okay. I’ve managed to create a secondary tool panel that extends vertically like the primary tool panel. And I can place all the hidden tools on it so they are only a click away if needed.

Real easy to use.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 3, 2008
Sorry Ramón I guess I meant Ann and you came as well, must be the holiday tension.
L
LRK
Dec 4, 2008
I still don’t understand why the Slice Select Tool won’t select all the slices at once when I drag it across an area. It’s the simple things that I use all the time, and probably take for granted, and then are removed for no apparent reason, that can be so annoying.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 4, 2008
It seems that you have to shift-click on each slice individually to select multiple ones.
L
LRK
Dec 4, 2008
It seems that you have to shift-click on each slice individually to select multiple ones.

This is true. But there was a time when you could drag across a whole row to select a batch. It’s just one more little take away from something I was used to.

When I uninstalled CS4 I must have uninstalled PSCS3 as well. I think I might reinstall it so I can compare some things.
L
LRK
Dec 5, 2008
I can’t seem to reinstall PSCS3 now. 🙁 The disc gets to a point to where it asks for PSCS4. When I insert that disc it then keeps asking me to hit the same button over and over, until I finally cancel and then it’s left uninstalled.
B
Buko
Dec 5, 2008
I can’t seem to reinstall PSCS3 now

Um, why did you remove CS3 in the first place?

and to reinstall CS3 you need to uninstall CS4.
R
Ram
Dec 5, 2008
Buko is right: to reinstall CS3 you need to uninstall CS4.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 5, 2008
Linda:

Hope you kept that e-mail ……… ?!

8/
L
LRK
Dec 5, 2008
Um, why did you remove CS3 in the first place?

I didn’t realize I did. I uninstalled and reinstalled CS4 in order to correct a problem. Later I realized that PSCS3 was missing.

Hope you kept that e-mail ……… ?!

Email? From you or Adobe? I would probably have kept both, but not sure what you mean.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 5, 2008
The one from me a few weeks ago when you re-installed CS4 the last time.

🙂

Be very careful when you run the Clean-up script that you target ONLY the correct version of the application that you want to de-install.

It may be that you accidentally targeted both CS3 AND CS4 when you ran the Script the last time.
L
LRK
Dec 6, 2008
The one from me a few weeks ago when you re-installed CS4 the last time.

Oh, okay. Thank you for refreshing my memory. I am not blessed with your wonderful ability to recall things like this. 🙂

Be very careful when you run the Clean-up script that you target ONLY the correct version of the application that you want to de-install.

Okay. At this point I’ve been away from my computer all day and night. I might have to just use CS4 for a while since I have some work piling up. Thank you for your help Ann.

It may be that you accidentally targeted both CS3 AND CS4 when you ran the Script the last time.

Maybe that’s what happened.
L
LRK
Dec 13, 2008
Just have to say I’m not happy with this upgrade when it comes to website work. I plan to reinstall PSCS3 as soon as I can take the time from my work to do it.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 13, 2008
Just remember that in order to reinstall CS3 you first have to de-install CS4 as installation otherwise will fail. If you happen to have FireWorks then that is what you are supposed to use for webwork.
SV
Stevie_V
Dec 14, 2008
Is this all still in preparation for a new computer, Linda? 😉
L
LRK
Dec 14, 2008
Just remember that in order to reinstall CS3 you first have to de-install CS4 as installation otherwise will fail. If you happen to have FireWorks then that is what you are supposed to use for webwork.

Found out about the reinstall the hard way. I might use Fireworks, but then I might be just as happy using PSCS3.

Is this all still in preparation for a new computer, Linda?

Not really Steve. But I do plan to buy a new iMac as soon as the next generation is released.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections