BV
Posted By
bathsheba_veghte
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do i reduce scale of image to fit in original size format ie I have a checkerboard grid that i have scanned and placed in 8×11 canvas ; I want to make the checkerboard smaller and then fit it back into the 8×11 canvas.thank you

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 8, 2004
Create a new blank document and size it appropriately. Leave the new document open. Now open the document that contains your checkerboard. Use the marquee tool to select just the checkerboard. Copy the selection and paste it onto your new document. It will now be on its own layer. Now go to Image|Transform|Scale while your "checkerboard" layer is active. This will place sizing controls around your checkerboard. Hold down the shift key while you resize your checkerboard. This will constrain the proportions.
BV
bathsheba_veghte
Jun 8, 2004
thank you, i had been doing this but once i have scaled checherboard down to desired size i am unable to do anything else with it. i get an error sound. i cannot save it or access any other options.
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 8, 2004
I’m afraid some of my instructions were for Photoshop. You use Image|Transform|Free Transform. After you have adjusted the size of the image, you have to press Enter or click on the check box on the Transform toolbar to commit the change before you can use other tools. I don’t know if that is the source of your problem, but it has caught me in the past.
BV
bathsheba_veghte
Jun 8, 2004
thank you again …i have a new issue and cannot find a forum answer. I am copying a colored image with 3 layers (type, gradient fill and background -the grey/white checkers) into another ; the image repeatedley shows up pasted in the new image with the background in black (in rectangular form -from marquee boundary) and the image in white and with odd blurring at all edges.
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
Jun 9, 2004
Make a copy of your checkerboard document. Using the copy, merge all layers. Select the area you want to copy. Then follow Jim Hess’s directions to paste the selection into the original document. It will appear as a separate layer that can be further resized as needed.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections