AP
Posted By
Ana_Pedrero
Nov 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Part of my job is to prepare product images for the website. Now I have to produce a jacket but with the camouflage design, there is no sample available. I really don’t know where to start. I don’t have problems producing the jackets in different colours, but this time there is a specific pattern that need to be applied to jackets and backpacks.
Any suggestion?

Ana

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Nov 28, 2008
Look up Displacement maps.
AP
Ana_Pedrero
Nov 28, 2008
Thanks!
R
Ram
Nov 29, 2008
I should have known Ed would understand the question. 🙂
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 29, 2008
Ana,

We recently had a post just like this in Photoshop. Bottom line: to make it look realistic takes some skill and practice. If the jacket is being worn, a good understanding of human anatomy is helpful so you know how fabric should be draped. No instant results from a plug-in here.

Neil
B
Buko
Nov 29, 2008
A camo pattern will be much easier than a Plaid pattern
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 29, 2008
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 29, 2008
Buko,

Agreed.

Welles,

Pretty cool. But it still has to be used carefully.

Neil
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 29, 2008
Absolutely, Neil. It isn’t a one button affair but extends the displacement facility of Photoshop to include all the tools with some variations in one filter.
F
fotografica
Nov 29, 2008
Thanks for the pointers. Sorry if I was not very clear.
I realize it’s not going to be done with the push of a key. Jackets are shot on manequies. Will post my progress.
Thanks again.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 30, 2008
Jackets are shot on manequies. [sic]

Then you also need to have a certain understanding of human anatomy and how cloth drapes over it.

Neil
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2008
That was why I made my comment about camo pattern being easier to work with than a plaid or stripe pattern.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 30, 2008
Yep, camo is a bit less critical than stripes or plaids.

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections