Posted By
John_Yacobian
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 Windows XP

I am a limping novice, so I apologize if this is obvious. I am trying to convert my PSD files to TFF and export them to the CD-ROM using the batch command. I select the source information, convert to TFF and select the destination drive. I press okay and the photos in the file come up in about ten seconds as PSD and nothing happens.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KW
Ken_Wolin
Jun 8, 2004
I believe you first have to export them to a folder on your hard drive, then you can burn them onto a CD.
JY
John_Yacobian
Jun 10, 2004
I am sorry, I am not explaining this very well. The photos are already on my hard drive. What I want to do is save time by using the batch command to convert an entire folder from PSD to TSS and then send it all to be burned, instead of one photo at a time. The batch command seems to allow you to do that, but maybe I am wrong. In any event the problem for me is with the batch command.

Thanks

John
KW
Kyle_White
Jun 10, 2004
Hi John,

You’ve got a two, maybe three, step process to go through here.

1. Gather all the images you want to convert into a folder (sounds like you’ve already got this)

2. use PSE2’s Batch Processing (File -> Batch Processing) to select the source folder, the desired output file type (in your case TIFF) and a destination folder

3. burn the new folder (and it’s contents) to CD

What’s not clear is that the selection of file type in the Batch Process dialog box is the type you want to convert to, not what you want to convert, so set it for TIFF. PSE2 will convert every image it can work with in the source folder to a TIFF in the destination folder. So, if your source folder has a mix of PSD’s, JPEG’s or other image types, they will ALL be converted to TIFFs in the destination folder. You may have to do some sorting first.

HTH

Kyle
JY
John_Yacobian
Jun 11, 2004
Thanks, I didn’t actually name a file in the destination folder, so it never existed.

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections