RB
Posted By
RANDY_BASSO
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just recently purchased 2.0. I’m trying to install it but can’t. After the license agreement I believe a screen should appear to put my name and software code #’s, but it goes right to the install screen without prompting me for this info. At the screen, the install button doesn’t work… it knocks me out of the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m about to take it back to the store where I got it.(HP Computer, Celeron Processor 2.5 ghz, XP Home Edition, 256 ram).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 8, 2004
Randy,

Edit: Before trying these manually delete any left over Photoshop related folders you may find under program files and start fresh.

Have not seen that particular problem but many installation problems are solved by disabling any virus scanner that may be running. If you’ve already done that or it still doesn’t work try the instructions for XP given here:

<http://www.delorme.com/support/install.asp>

Finally, if that fails try an install after restarting in Safe Mode.

Sometimes failed installs leave registry entries that foul up later attempts. I’ve lost the url but if you do a google search for "Regscrub" you’ll find a free registry cleaner that has worked well for me. Be sure that the name of the file you download starts with "regscrubxp" to get the right version.

Come back if it still doesn’t work. Others may have more suggestions.

Bob
RB
RANDY_BASSO
Jun 8, 2004
Thanks for your reply, Bob. I’ll try it when I get home tonight and I’ll let you know what happens. Regards, Randy
ME
Mario_E_Cierra
Jun 9, 2004
Randy: I had the same problem and i solved doing this:
My computer, go to the correct driver, then click the right of your mouse and go to Auto Play or Explore. I hope this will solve your headache.

Mario.
RB
RANDY_BASSO
Jun 9, 2004
Mario-Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it going using Bob’s suggestions. Randy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections