Posted By
Bill_Daul
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Boy…to explain this…

I can have either PENCIL or BRUSH picked for ERASE. The nice circle appears as it did in CS3. It has a radius of x-units. I am on my layer…I click expecting everything inside the circumference to erase…well what is erased is x-units MINUS a few units. No matter what size BRUSH or PENCIL I use it doesn’t erase out to the circumference…makes it impossible to do fine erasing like I could with CS3/2/CS. OPACITY is set to 100%. HARDNESS is 100%. I see no other adjustments. HELP!

Thanks, –bill

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Nov 26, 2008
Do you have the Airbrush icon clicked by any chance?

Why not just use the Eraser tool?
P
Phosphor
Nov 26, 2008
Also…have you reset the tools?
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 26, 2008
Go to the preferences, and check the cursor setting, you can get the total area, or the 50% zone as previously.
BD
Bill_Daul
Nov 26, 2008
Under PREFERENCES CURSORS I only see three boxes
Painting Cursors
Other Cursors
Brush Preview

there are options like STANDARD / PRECISEand a few others under paining…no place for percentages????

Thanks…bill
BD
Bill_Daul
Nov 27, 2008
Ed,

I am using ERASE…and AIRBRUSH is off…dang! This is frustrating! The problem also exists for PENCIL cursor!
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 27, 2008
Bill, I meant Normal (old way, shows the greyest areas, almost to 50% opacityof the brush) And Full Size (newer way, shows total area affected by the brush, even areas less covered)

You are not painting with a graphic tablet, right? You would have mentionned it, of course…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections