Why wont’ Adobe fix teh ongoing error message about "updating Adobe online components"

RS
Posted By
Richard Sweeney
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I see this answer many times for the "error" ""problem connecting" "Updating Adobe Online Components". The common advice is to turn the update check to "never", "since there won’t ever be any updates". That’s not a straightforward answer. Why doesn’t Adobe come back with "there are no current upgrades."

My question — if it doesn’t work and is not intended to be used by Adobe, *why is the online update check there and permanently set to check for updates?* *Why doesn’t Adobe change this?* *Why doesn’t Adobe help system tell their users this info?*

All this makes Adobe look very sloppy in their work and their customer support.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EW
Ed_Wurster
Jun 7, 2004
Richard Sweeney wrote:
My question — if it doesn’t work and is not intended to be used by Adobe, *why is the online update check there and permanently set to check for updates?* *Why doesn’t Adobe change this?* *Why doesn’t Adobe help system tell their users this info?*

You can turn off the update check. That works for me.

Ed
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 7, 2004
That is not an "error" message. It is a feature that was put into Photoshop Elements because apparently Adobe anticipated having to provide updates to the program. Apparently there has been nothing serious enough for Adobe to consider providing an update for. Go to Edit|Preferences| Adobe Online and set the frequency to "Never" and you will not be bothered by the message anymore. I’m sure if there is an update to the program you will be able to download it and install it anyway.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections