LF
Posted By
Leonard_Fedullo
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop Elements is set up to use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer web browser for online help. Since the future versions of Microsoft’s web browser will no longer support Apple’s OSX operating system is it possible to change the default web browser that Photoshop Elements uses to Mozilla, Netscape or Safari ?

Thanks for your help…

Len Fedullo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Kyle_White
Jun 7, 2004
Hi Len,

In a word: Yup!

Dead easy. Elements just uses whatever you’ve got set up as the default browser for opening HTML files on your system.

In the Finder, drill down to Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0/Help, where you will find a whole heap of HTML files with interesting names like "0_0_0_0.html". Select one, any one will do, don’t open it, just do a "Get Info" on it. When the Get Info palette opens, about half way down, you’ll see "Open With" and a menu bar that has your current browser showing. Select your browser of choice and hit the "Change All…" button. This will change your default system wide.

I’ve used Elements Help with Safari and several iterations of Mozilla with no problems at all. I set Safari as my system default because it opens so quickly, and use Mozilla for my wandering around the ‘Net.

HTH

Kyle
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 7, 2004
To add to Kyle’s instructions, sometimes it’s necessary to change both the help file that ends in index.htm and any one of the other pages.
LF
Leonard_Fedullo
Jun 8, 2004
Hi Kyle and Babara,

Thanks for the tips…

Len

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections