T
Posted By
thaKing
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
we have CS2 installed in two locations. until recently i only used one of the installs. this one worked fine. yesterday i started working in the other location and it wasn’t saving files the way i had anticipated.

I opened a jpg to crop and after finishing went to save. the save dialogue came up and wanted to save it as a psd by default, forcing me to change the setting to jpg. (i’m used to selecting save and it giving me the option to save as a jpg since that’s what i have open.) after changing form psd to jpg and saving i go to close out the jpg i was working on. it says that "pic.jpg has been modified, would you like to save?" i just saved the file! normally when i save a file then close it, i’m not prompted because nothing has changed.

is this something in my settings? how do i get it to behave the way i need it to?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Feb 1, 2007
and wanted to save it as a psd by default<<

It would do that if there were now features that could not be retained in the jpg format, such as layers, alpha chanels, L*a*b mode etc.
T
thaKing
Feb 2, 2007
understandable…however, as i stated, i was only cropping the jpgs…i added no layers, etc..open, crop, save…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections