Commercial software to make replacing sky easier?

AS
Posted By
Anthony_Siciliano
Nov 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any commercial software around for Photoshop that makes replacing sky easier? Something that avoids having to make a sky selection (I know there is software to help make selections) and feather and fine tune the mask to make it look more realistic? Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Nov 24, 2008
<Standard winking joke>"Do a Google search for the ‘Talent and Skills’ plugin."</Standard winking joke>
AW
Allen_Wicks
Nov 25, 2008
Is there any commercial software around for Photoshop that makes replacing sky easier?

Probably not, it is pretty easy now.
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
I know there is software to help make selections

Yup I think one of them softwares is called photographicshop or sumptin similar.
AS
Anthony_Siciliano
Nov 25, 2008
Don’t you guys have anything better to do than bad vibe posters with legitimate questions? Photoshop plug-ins by nature are shortcuts. Are you against all plug-ins or what? Get a life.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
Actually, I use very few third-party plug-ins and SkyObliterator isn’t one of them.

However, have you tried using CS4’s QuickSelection tool — followed by "Refine Edge"?
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 25, 2008
Anthony,

I believe the point is that no third-party plug-in is necessary. I mean, you can go and purchase OnOne’s Mask Pro, Tiffen’s Dfx, Corel KnockOut…et al. But for sky, it generally isn’t needed. As said, it’s an acquired skill.

Neil
P
Phosphor
Nov 25, 2008
And even if you do blindly invest in any commercial plugin that might be suggested, it still takes time, practice and study to acquire the skills necessary to make it do what you want.

As amazing as Photoshop and the associated technology is, there is no substitute for experience and skills.

There’s a large grain of truth in that "joke" I replied with. That’s why it’s become such a standard.

And I winked when I said, so try to not take it so personally, mate!

XD
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
Well you could buy the new CSI plugin you can do all sorts of new fancy stuff with that one.

See behind cars
Read newspapers of the guy over next to the tree.
focus in on miniscule objects 3 miles away
change the sky from rain to sunshine
plus many other handy things.

and it only costs $10,000 a real bargin. I’ll sell you a used one for half that.
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 25, 2008
How about a thirty-day trial?
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
can’t do it technology is too secret.
KC
KEV_CHAMBERLAIN
Nov 25, 2008
I’ve developed a programme called "Making ugly people appear attractive"

I know there’s a market for it
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
I’ve developed a programme called "Making ugly people appear attractive"

I believe I’ve used it. Is it by any chance called Tequila?
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 25, 2008
Is it by any chance called Tequila?

That’s the "whatever you do, don’t sit down" release. A classic.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 25, 2008
I still laugh at all the CSI shows which have crime lab computers burbling, buzzing, and swooshing away, enhancing auto registration stickers at 100 paces and blurry reflections as captured by video surveillance cameras.

It’s as clueless as those authoritative figures stating unequivocally "the conductor didn’t see the red signal and struck the other train."

….but we digress!

Neil

(For those not familiar, a conductor sells and collects tickets, and sees to passenger comfort.)
B
Buko
Nov 26, 2008
I thought the conductor was the fellow who hit the screaming lady with a stick at the opera?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 26, 2008
Isn’t it the third rail?
KC
KEV_CHAMBERLAIN
Nov 26, 2008
When I made my comment about "Making ugly people appear attractive" it never occurred to me that the real world was so close on my heels.

24 hours later, reality has already caught up with me

< http://www.macuser.co.uk/news/239421/beauty-machine-automati cally-retouches-photos.html>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections