L
Posted By
Lundberg02
Nov 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

3.2 is crap. Still has the bookmarks problem. Now it quits unexpectedly. Probably will give up on it, FireFox has no problems like this .

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NT
Nini Tj
Nov 24, 2008
Safari 3.2 works just fine here. Leopard 10.5.5. All kinds of machines.
B
Buko
Nov 24, 2008
Never had it crash in Tiger or Leopard.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 24, 2008
And this has to do with Photoshop?
P
Phosphor
Nov 24, 2008
Have you never seen James Burke’s Connections <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series)> series, Welles?

Everything has to do with everything else. Even nothing has something to do with everything, too.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Nov 24, 2008
Ramón enlightened me to the superiority of Firefox a while back and since then the only time I use Safari is on the iPhone.
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
Interestingly enough I just had Safari crash on the G5 in Tiger. I was at Lynda.com.

very unusual I’ll report back if it ever crashes again. Not a big fire fox fan but I do use it every once in a while.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 25, 2008
I get very occasional unexpected quits out of Safari. Not sure why…RAM? Buggy Website? Because it’s Tuesday…? The one app that quits that way is Mail, and I seem to have narrowed the cause down to opening an attachment while it fetches new mail…

But we digress…Photoshop CS3 just…works. (As does Photoshop CS4.)

Neil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
Buko and Neil:

Have you upgraded Flash Player to v.10? It might help.
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 25, 2008
Thanks, Ann.

Gotta check and see what I’ve got!

Neil
GB
g_ballard
Nov 25, 2008
Software Update just hit Safari 3.2.1
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
I have Ann.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
I just wondered because I sometimes need to go on line from someone else’s old G4 which is still running 10.3.9 and that version of Safari and it crashes whenever I hit a flash-powered site.
B
Buko
Nov 25, 2008
Just installed the new version seems to work just fine.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
I have too. Just fine.
L
Lundberg02
Nov 25, 2008
Me too. Still won’t open bookmarks list for about 30 seconds, and then it takes 15 more to open a folder, when first loaded.
3.2 has quit when in a page opened from email, when downloading, and also when nothing is going on. Stupid.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
It isn’t doing ANY of those annoying things here.

Time to trash Prefs and clean-out Caches perhaps?
P
Phosphor
Nov 25, 2008
You’ll never learn, will you, Lundy?

You always seem to have problems with stuff, but you won’t wait a little while before installing updates, and you dismiss the idea of paying attention to the Mac-specific sites which often issue warnings and solutions, apparently because you simply don’t want to bother with learning the ins and outs of a new site. You expect people here to commiserate and/or bail you out.

You’ve been given this advice a million times and still you refuse to follow it <http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20081124232452552>.

Have fun with all that.
L
Lundberg02
Nov 26, 2008
Phos, you are an idiot and I am not going to put up with any more of your hectoring.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections