MS
Posted By
Musawwir Spiegel
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having formerly used Photoshop 7, which had a command "Window/New", I recently bought an upgrade to version CS2,

I can’t now find that command, which had enabled me to open a new (second) window on the same graphic file, so that I could edit in the first window with a magnified, zoomed-in view while observing in the second window a zoomed-out view the changes I had made .

Is this no longer possible in CS2?

Musawwir Spiegel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MS
Musawwir Spiegel
Feb 2, 2007
Having formerly used Photoshop 7, which had a command "Window/New", I recently bought an upgrade to version CS2,

I can’t now find that command, which had enabled me to open a new (second) window on the same graphic file, so that I could edit in the first window with a magnified, zoomed-in view while observing in the second window a zoomed-out view the changes I had made .

Musawwir Spiegel
MS
Musawwir Spiegel
Feb 2, 2007

Musawwir Spiegel

Musawwir Spiegel
R
ronviers
Feb 3, 2007
On Feb 2, 5:40 pm, Musawwir Spiegel wrote:

Musawwir Spiegel

Hi Musawwir,

It is under the menu option Arange>Newwidow for …, a very useful option.

Good luck,
Ron
E
edjh
Feb 3, 2007
Musawwir Spiegel wrote:

Musawwir Spiegel

Musawwir Spiegel

In CS it’s Window>Arrange>New Window. Maybe the same in CS2?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
MS
Musawwir Spiegel
Feb 3, 2007
Thank you Edjh,

You were exactly right.

I was unable to find this in the Help file or the Adobe User Manual for CS-2. However, after I read your email, and verified that you were right, I was able to find this commnand discussed in Weinmann & Lourekas, Photoshop CS2 for Windows & MacIntosh — Peachpit Press (c) 2005, on p. 88..

If you hadn’t provided the answer, I would probably have given up on the attempt.

Musawwir

edjh wrote:

Musawwir Spiegel wrote:

Musawwir Spiegel

Musawwir Spiegel

In CS it’s Window>Arrange>New Window. Maybe the same in CS2?

Musawwir Spiegel
MS
Musawwir Spiegel
Feb 3, 2007
Thank you Ron. You were right.

Musawwir

"" wrote:

On Feb 2, 5:40 pm, Musawwir Spiegel wrote:

Musawwir Spiegel

Hi Musawwir,

It is under the menu option Arange>Newwidow for …, a very useful option.

Good luck,
Ron

Musawwir Spiegel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections