JV
Posted By
Joakim_Vorren
Jan 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well, not a very serious problem, but annoying. Every time I run Photoshop CS2, I am prompted about wether or not to register the product. I already have registered it, but it keeps prompting me. Has anyone experienced the same problem, or is it just me? Will Adobe release a patch for this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 28, 2007
That’s the first I’ve heard of this and there have been quite a few Vista posts. That means it’s your system.

I also wouldn’t count on Adobe doing much of anything in regard to CS2 and Vista. CS3 will be coming out in a few months and that will have full Vista support.

Bob
JV
Joakim_Vorren
Jan 28, 2007
Ok, thanks anyway. Perhaps I’ll be updating to CS3 when the time comes then.
M
matrix211v1
Jan 29, 2007
I’m having the same problem. I did a Google search and so are a bunch of other people. Dunno what to do.
M
matrix211v1
Jan 29, 2007
I found your answer. I had the same thing but I did a search and found this:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc29065/1>

you need to turn off your UAC in Vista. Do a Google Search for "VISTA UAC DISABLE" to see how you do it.

It worked for me!
JV
Joakim_Vorren
Jan 29, 2007
Interesting.
But then the Windows Security Center notification icon is constantly visible, and I wont see any difference from when it only reminds me that the UAC is turned off and when it’s actually trying to tell me something new.
CC
Charlie_Choc
Jan 29, 2007
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 06:53:15 -0800, wrote:

You just need to turn UAC off (or run as administrator) when you register, then you can turn UAC back on (or not run as administrator). FWIW —
Charlie…
http://www.chocphoto.com
JV
Joakim_Vorren
Jan 29, 2007
Oh, that sounds alot better.
Thanks for all the help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections