CA
Posted By
Chris_Akins
Nov 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello there – this question isn’t really just Mac specific, but I don’t see a forum that will post to ALL Photoshop users.

I’m in need of some help customizing a Photo Web Gallery in Photoshop. I’ve done one entirely without tables, using my own CSS to style it. My thumbnail page would be similar to the coding for the index page of the Lightbox styled gallery in this tutorial: www.photoshoplab.com/lightbox-web-photo-gallery.html

However, my problem is that even though my design doesn’t use tables, when I’m in the automation dialogue in Photoshop, it still shows the table row and column parameters – greyed out – from the last time a table-based gallery template was used. And Photoshop is using this info to decide how many thumbnails to put on the gallery index page. It simply multiplies the row * column to limit the number of thumbnails on that first page. Very odd and not very nice looking, as it won’t finish a row this way.

I notice the Lightbox styled gallery template does away with the table for the thumbnails as well. How, then can I gain control over showing "X" number of images per thumbnail page? Say I have a gallery of 40 images – how can I show 20, max, per page? Or 10? Or whatever needs to be specified to suit the number of images in that gallery?

Also, at runtime, Photoshop is stripping some small but important bits of code out of my customized templates. I’ve tried to put some HTML elements in to force the "previous next" text below the thumbnails, but it gets stripped out during the generation of the gallery.

The results can be seen here:
www.springfieldmo.gov/cityconnect/images/galleries/dating/in dex.html

Notice that the first thumbnails page shows 21 images. That’s because the greyed out row, column info in the automate dialogue was 3 rows of 7 columns.

Is there any way to get to the actual code that Photoshop runs to generate the galleries? Seems like that’s where it would be looking for the table info.

Any thoughts? I’d sure appreciate any info you can give or point me to someone who has done a pure CSS automated Photoshop gallery.

Sincerely,

Christopher Akins
Web Coordinator
City of Springfield, MO

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections