DB
Posted By
Don_B_Williams
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Camera (Minolta Dimage Xt)takes quicktime movies and identifies the file as *.mov

These, as best as I can figure, are Quicktime files. When I tried to import a movie so that I could capture a frame for purposes of obtaining a still. The file type .mov was not an option. Re naming the file did not work either. What must I do to be able to capture a frame to get a still photo from a movie.

Don

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Jun 2, 2004
Don,

I’ve never been able to open Quicktime .MOV files with Elements, either.

I’m on a PC, and when I try to open a .MOV file Elements complains "This clip is in an unsupported format. Updated media handlers may be available from Microsoft. If you wish to check for updates, try opening this file in Windows Media Player."

Makes me think that, on a PC, Elements uses Windows Media Player to grab from video, even if you have Quicktime player installed… I have v6.5 installed.

Byron
T
Tel
Jun 3, 2004
On a Mac you could isolate any frame and export to many different formats including jpeg provided you upgrade to the Pro version for 29 dollars.
I don’t know if there’s a pro version for the pc though.

Tel.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 3, 2004
Yes, there is.

M
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 9, 2004
Don,

It finally occurred to me…

Open the .MOV file with the Quicktime player. Drag the progress slider (or use the FF/RW buttons) until you have the frame you wish displayed. Click Edit > Copy.

In Elements, click File > New from Clipboard.

Granted it is not as nifty to have to use the external app, but it works.

Byron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections