S
Posted By
Shep123
Jan 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a custom brush that rotates as you draw across the canvas. I want a very uniform rotation, so angle jitter will not suffice. I can get the swatch to appear how I want it to in the brushes palette (see screenshot:
http://benjaminshepard.com/dump/psbrush1.gif ) but when I try to draw on the canvas it only draws what you see at the bottom of that screenshot, a straight, non-rotating stroke. I’ve set the angle jitter to 0% and the control to ‘rotation’.

Anyone know of a setting I’m missing why I shouldn’t be able to get this brush to function the way it’s displayed in the brush control palette? I get the same results with a tablet and a mouse.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Shep123
Jan 25, 2007
I’ve posted this question a few weeks ago and couldn’t get an answer from any of the photoshop boards. Is there noone that has an answer? Is this thing on?

On Jan 25, 2:02 pm, "" wrote:
I’m trying to create a custom brush that rotates as you draw across the canvas. I want a very uniform rotation, so angle jitter will not suffice. I can get the swatch to appear how I want it to in the brushes palette (see screenshot:http://benjaminshepard.com/dump/psbrush1.gif) but when I try to draw
on the canvas it only draws what you see at the bottom of that screenshot, a straight, non-rotating stroke. I’ve set the angle jitter to 0% and the control to ‘rotation’.

Anyone know of a setting I’m missing why I shouldn’t be able to get this brush to function the way it’s displayed in the brush control palette? I get the same results with a tablet and a mouse.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections