BG
Posted By
Bill_Gordon
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I get the cursor to go back to an arrow after selecting a tool from the toolbar?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 2, 2004
Bill, what is the cursor if not an arrow?
DG
David G House
Jun 2, 2004
Bill..

Click the arrow in the toolbar….
BG
Bill_Gordon
Jun 2, 2004
Mark,
When I select a tool, for example the lasso tool, I cannot get the arrow back. The lasso tool becomes my cursor which is what I don’t want.

David,

Selecting the arrow on the toolbar is not an option for me. It does not appear on the toolbar though that would make sense.

Thanks for your response.
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 2, 2004
Bill,

This had me dismayed, as well, when I began using Elements… but the cursor is always a tool, the most recent you’ve selected.

There is no "no tool selected" cursor.

This question comes up fairly frequently, and folks’ responses indicate that almost everyone has a favorite tool which they select as a "safety", when not actively editing the image… for instance, I like to select the Lasso tool, unless I’m actively using some other tool. I just tap L on the keyboard and no worries. That way, if one accidentally clicks on the image, nothing is changed in the image — there is just a selection made.

HTH,

Byron
BG
Bill_Gordon
Jun 2, 2004
Thanks Bryon your comments were very helpful.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 2, 2004
I park on the lasso too 🙂

Wendy
DG
David G House
Jun 3, 2004
Bill..

There is an arrow.. its in the "Selection Tool" button… its the 4th button down from the top in the left column of the tool box… like Elements saves the last tool usesd as a cursor it also keeps visable on the tool buttons the last tool used. If you look on the buttons some of them have a little black triange in the bottom Right corner, this means there are choises of the tool… the "Selection Tool" has a Hexagon, Rectangle, Shape, Line, etc etc, but also the Arrow you are looking for…

David
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 3, 2004
For what it’s worth I park on the hand tool (H)…totally inert.

I think once..either Elements or CS…I had the crop tool selected and then couldn’t change to any other tool. In other words the arrow never came back. I think I had to reset all tools to get it working again.

Colin
YL
Yves_Leroux
Jun 11, 2004
That could be a major flaw in PSE2!!!! if you don’t get back the windows cursor!!! I think I did not experience that with PSE1

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections