Posted By
Craig_Cheatham
Nov 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I know this is the Photoshop Forum and I’m hoping this group can refer me to a discussion of wide-format printers either here, or another site.

I’m looking at purchasing the Canon Imageprograf ipf5100 or 6100. I’ve read a lot or reviews of the printers in this category. I’m looking for the thoughts of experienced users, what the day to day issues are, and are they happy with the Canon product. Do they wish they had gotten Epson or HP?

Thanks in advance.

Craig Cheatham

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 5, 2008
Craig,

Some of the folks in this forum may have experience with one or both of these printers…

Neil
D
DYP
Nov 5, 2008
I have a Canon iPF9000. You couldn’t get me to go back to Epson. The Canons just work and with the PS plugin for printing you don’t have to worry about all the Apple/Adobe Printer/Driver silliness. The plugin lets you print 60,000 x 60,000 pixels.

You might want to consider the iPF 6200 as that I believe has the hard drive in it. After having a printer with a HD in it I would never go back to one that doesn’t.

If your also printing from Indesign there is a "Fast Graphic Process" selection that uses a different path/process than what Apple uses and does not introduce the monitor profile into the print flow.
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 5, 2008
FYI, There is a lot of wide format printing discussion at the Luminous-landscape printing forums: < http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?s=&showfor um=6>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections