WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First … thanks to everyone who gave me advice about which camera strap to buy.

BUT … I guess it must have been my day today. I was walking through the nearest town when I came across a Dixons shop, one of a large chain, that is closing down … so I went in to look at camera bags and straps. I found a nice Canon bag reduced from £20 to £10 and then I saw some Neoprene camera straps … there were no prices on them so I asked at the counter. The girl scanned it at the till and then told me that it was coming up as 1p …. Guess who bought four of them for 4p?

Is this the bargain of the week?

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jun 2, 2004
Camera straps for life! Or for presents. Or for other things like binoculars. Quite the bargain!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 2, 2004
Bargain, and a very good one!

Ray
CC
cal_cowen
Jun 2, 2004
Wendy I’m going to get me down to Dixons now and check this out!!!!

Cal
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 2, 2004
Cal,

The one I visited was one of the stores that are closing down and the strap is a Miranda (says it fits all SLR Cameras and is made from Neoprene for extra comfort) .. Product code is 297078 …

Good luck

Wendy
CC
cal_cowen
Jun 2, 2004
Thanks Wendy
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 2, 2004
From Dixon’s eh?

Not sure what the final outcome was on the camera straps as I didn’t follow the thread. But here is my 2¢ worth. On all my cameras I use Domke Grippers QR. The are light and comfortable and have rubberized threads woven into them that keep the cameras from slipping. The QR is for quick release and you can have the straps off in a flash if they are getting in the way.

I seldom use straps as I prefer to carry my cameras. Generally my camera will be in my hand or in my bag ready to shoot or just transporting. When I use two cameras one is one is tethered to me while one is at eye level. Also if there is a risk of dropping a camera the strap is around the neck while I hold it, a bit of belt and braces. My two SLRs cameras are very similar looking and I can easily identify them as I reach into my camera bag by the straps colour of the straps, even in low light. For my SLRs one strap is dark green the other light tan.

Grant
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 3, 2004
Grant, I didnot know you bought TWO hateful digitals.
😉

Leen
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 3, 2004
Leen

Both are black and both are Nikons but only one is a digital the other is a camera.

Grant
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 3, 2004
Do I detect a bias here….one is digital, one is a camera…:-)

I prefer, one is wet, one is dry.

Colin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections