How do you extract a specific colour from an image?

SC
Posted By
sam_clackson
Jan 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am quite proficient with photoshop, however I am having trouble with a simple task. I need to extract one colour (blue), from a sky photo that includes clouds. Can anyone help please?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jan 25, 2007
Hum,

What do you mean by extracting the colour?
SC
sam_clackson
Jan 25, 2007
I’m following a tutorial and it suggests extracting the blue from a photo of the sky that also has clouds (only a portion of the blue sky is visible), and then placing it on a black background. Thats all the information I have. I suppose I could use greyscale but I want to follow the instructions exactly. There is the option of the wand I suppose.
DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 25, 2007
There is select- color range also. slide the fuzziness slider to include more or less of the selected color you click on.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 25, 2007
A link to that tutorial would help us to understand more fully what you are trying to achieve.
D
deebs
Jan 29, 2007
Russell Brown has some excellent QTs on selections at

www.russellbrown.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections