Posted By
Paul_Compton
Nov 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone experienced this problem…

Proceeded through the PSCS4 Mac upgrade procedure. On completion, was prompted to register the product, to which I responded it would be done later. I was expecting an activation procedure to follow, but the installation dialog simply ended. I would have needed to activate over the phone due to a recent switch of ISP, leaving the Mac ‘internet-less’.

All PSCS, Bridge and Camera Raw functions are OK, but how to activate? The PSCS help menu shows a ‘deactivate’ but not option to activate. Adobe tech support has been of no help thus far. Has anyone experience this problem and if so, what is the solution to getting the product activated? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

OO
Omke_Oudeman
Nov 3, 2008
I would think that if the help menu only shows deactivate somehow PS must have been activated?
R
Ram
Nov 4, 2008
Try registering first, then activate.
D
DYP
Nov 4, 2008
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Just thank the Adobe engineers.

There is something to be said for not having a internet connection.

How long it will last, who knows?
B
Buko
Nov 4, 2008
30 days
SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 4, 2008
Just FYI.. there was no activation screen here with a net connection when I installed CS4. It may be possible that it automatically activates in some cases, like legitimate upgrade serial numbers.
F
Freeagent
Nov 4, 2008
CS4 auto-activates when it detects an internet connection. I suppose if that takes more than 30 days, it will tap your shoulder and cough politely.
PC
Paul_Compton
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks to all for responding. In a conversation with Customer Service, the observed behavior is intended for CS4 to allow easier usage if an internet connection is not available. Given a valid seral number and valid/active previous version, activation is automatic at time of installation.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Nov 4, 2008
This was an important feature I am told that will save everyone headaches also if the activation gets messed up they will repair it for you on Adobe’s end so you will never eve know something went wrong.

For instance if your hard drive crashes and you have to replace it and then reinstall the suites it will repair the activation without you knowing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections