Posted By
David G House
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all…

I’ve been struggling with this for a few days trying to figure some way out and seeing as I have little hair to spare….want to ask.. Does PSE2 have a Measurement Tool…. What I am trying to do is find the centre of a New Page… I know I can use the line tool and make a "X" from corner to corner but what I want to be able to do is fine the centre by doing a "+"… reason; so I can centre a Hexagon Shape then cut the triangles from the Centre out… (I’m trying to make a kolidiscope and have an idea).. Help me before I go completely bald!!!!!! 😉

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 1, 2004
David,
Go to View>show grid.
Ken
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 1, 2004
David

How to fine the centre of "any" page:

1) Go to Preferences
2) Go to Grid
3) Set Guideline to equal 100 %
4) Set Subdivisions to 2
5) Turn on grid ( > View > Grid)

That is as easy as it is. Now if you want to snap to either of these lines or to the centre just go > View > Snap to Grid

Oh yes I went completely bald figuring that one out!

g.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 1, 2004
Hey Grant, how do you feel today? Better, I assume 🙂

Ray
DG
David G House
Jun 1, 2004
I figured there was something in there…. You know its like most computer programs they are sooooo vast in what they have and what they can do it almost becomes impossible to figure out everything… Thanks for the info…. glad I found this Forum… I’ll let you all know if the kolidiscope idea works….

David
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 1, 2004
Ray

Better than yesterday morning not as good as last night but will improve as the day goes.

But more important how are you? Have you got all your going to the hospital supplies, book and diversions, housecoat and slippers, CD player and lots of tunage… heck what else do you need? Ah yes lots of friends to hold your hand and tease you when you can’t talk. Just think of it as you’re going to go to sleep and wake up with a new jaw. Sooo coooool. As the say in the theatre break a leg Ray.

Grant
PA
Patti_Anderson
Jun 1, 2004
As the say in the theatre break a leg Ray.

Since the doctor is doing the grand performance, maybe we should tell him/her to break a leg? Uh…on second thought, maybe not.

Patti
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 1, 2004
Since the doctor is doing the grand performance, maybe we should tell him/her to break a leg? Uh…on second thought, maybe not.
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the hospital just called.

"Mister Robillard, this is Francine from Notre-Dame Hospital" "Yes……………."
"Your surgery is canceled. It appeared doctor Faucher isn’t gonna performed on you. She revised her files and said there’s a more natural way of doing thing."
"Nahhhhh… SURE ??? What is it ?"
"Two entry passes for the Extreme Fighting on the indian reserve, near Chateauguay. A friend can watch comfortable seated while you try to find your way back into the parking lot, starting from the middle of the arena" "Ok, what time do I have to show up at the hospital again.. ?" "7h00. Bring your personal effects, but leave all stuff of value home" "Nice, there goes my CD player, my iPod, my laptop, my GameBoy…" "Mister Robillard, bring only non batteries operated stuff, that’ll make your choice easier"
"Sure thing… A few books perhaps..?"
"Magazine, they’re cheaper to replace"
"Ok, I get the point"
"See you tomorrow"
"If you insist…"
"Arrive at 7h00 at Deschamps aisle."
"Do I bring my jaws with me? She said she’d remove them for a few hours, so I might as well spare her the trouble. I got this new electrical meat cutter that’s anxiously waiting for a nice job to do…"

She hung up.

I got here. Posted a few notes.

Ray
DG
David G House
Jun 2, 2004
OK Guys that worked… I got the ruler’s and the grid.. that was easy… (Everyone take a turn at "Bonkin’" my forehead….) the idea of the kolidiscope seems to be something that is going to work soon as I figure out how to get the triangles to line up properly after doing ROTATE>LAYER HORIZONTAL….. no help though … OK (not yet anyway… ;))….

David
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Jun 2, 2004
Grant, am I missing something? I’ve have no problem setting the grid preferences, but I don’t know how to center the grid over the image. In my grid preferences dialog box I have places for color, style, gridline every, and subdivisions, but I don’t see guideline where you indicate 100% should go. By the way I am a PSE2 person. Can you straighten me out on this?

Anne
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 2, 2004
Anne

Where is says "Guideline Every" type 100 in the first box and in the second box click on the arrow at the right, Percentage is one of the options.

Grant
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Jun 2, 2004
Grant, thanks SO much. I feel really stupid. I guess my confusion was between guideline and gridline. I’ve wanted to know how to center the grid for ages, but hadn’t thought to ask about it in the forum until someone else did. Thanks again. Be in good health.

Anne
PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 2, 2004
David, I think what you need to do is to change the center of rotation. Go to the Image menu, choose Free Rotate Layer and you will see the Rotate Options toolbar appear. Over on the far left of the Options toolbar you’ll see the center of rotation thingy (looks like a little square of connected square dots. Click on one of the corner dots to change the center of rotation for your triangle so that it will rotate at the point. You can also type in exact rotation degrees on this toolbar.

Is that what you were looking for?

Patti
DC
Dorna_Christell
Jul 15, 2004
Please help ASAP. I am trying to figure out how to put four images on a page (one in each quarter of an 8 x 10 page) using Photoshop Elements. 2.0 and then place corresponding images in the same position on another page, which will eventually be printed on the backside of page one. I am a teacher trying to print up a project before summer ends. These images will eventually be cut into cards.
Can this program do this?

Dorna
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 15, 2004
Dorna….

There are probably other ways but I start by creating a new image with a size set to 8 x 10.

Go to the View menu and turn on the Grid

In the menu Edit|Preferences|Grid you can set up division lines at what interval suits you, say every 2 inches with 1/2 inch sub divisions.

Take you images one by one and move and re-size them onto the new 8 x 10, one in each corner or where ever you wish. The grid will help you position them.

Hope this helps

Colin
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 15, 2004
Be sure to turn check Snap to Grid in the View menu too. You can also change the grid to show by percent. Change it to 50% if you want the page divided into quadrants.

Patti
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 15, 2004
Dorna

While everyone has given you good advice if you are doing multiple pages and using Elements 2 then you might consider using > Print Layouts > Picture Package. If there isn’t a layout that fits your needs then it is easy to define one.

Grant
DC
Dorna_Christell
Jul 16, 2004
Dear Colin, Patti, and Grant,
Thank you all so much for responding to me so quickly. I was able to create a grid with grid lines on a 8×10 blank page, which is perfect. However, I scanned in some artwork that ended up being on a page that is 3×4. I understand, I think, that before I can drag an image over to the grid, it has to be on the same size page. How do I get my image page to be the same size as my grid page? Your help it greatly
appreciated!
Dorna
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 16, 2004
Hi Dorna….

You don’t need the images to be the same physical size. When you drag your 3 x 4 image over onto the new page you will be able to re-size it at the same time. You will see a bounding box around the image you’ve just moved onto the 8 x 10. If you use your mouse to click and drag on one of the corner markers you can re-size the image. Hold down the shift key at the same time to keep the aspect ratio fixed.

Colin
DC
Dorna_Christell
Jul 17, 2004
Thank you Colin! It worked perfectly! I can’t believe how wonderful everyone’s help has been! I’m on my way! Thanks again.
Dorna

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections