BC
Posted By
Brenda_Cane
Jan 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a .gif image that I would like to make smaller and keep the animation. I made it smaller but lost the animation. Is there a way to do this? The .gif is now about 4X3 inches. I want it 2 X 1 1/2"
Thank you

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 23, 2007
Try working in ImageReady rather than Photoshop. That is where the animation tools are.
BC
Brenda_Cane
Jan 23, 2007
The .gif I have is already animated. I just want to make the picture smaller. Is there a way to resize it and keep the animation?
B
Bernie
Jan 23, 2007
There is in Imageready
BC
Brenda_Cane
Jan 24, 2007
First let me say thank you for trying to help. I opened ImageReady and opened my file. There is a box where I could choose to change the resolution size and I made the width and height 1/2 the size they were. Then I selected the 3 animation files and chose File, Save Optimized As. Then when I open the image file I saved, it is 3 files that are each part of the picture and are animated. I can’t figure out how to get the file to save a one. Thanks again
B
Bernie
Jan 24, 2007
Do a search for "animation" and "gif" in the help file
BC
Brenda_Cane
Jan 24, 2007
I did that and also followed the instructions (I thought) in the Adobe in a Classroom Book. I still ended up with 3 files. Maybe it is because I made the file smaller.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 24, 2007
Were all three files GIF files (can you see the extensions). IR might be making an HTML file that contains the GIF.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 24, 2007
I think you are approaching it wrong. Open the file in ImageReady. Ignore the Animate or other palettes, go to Image>Image Size and resize (the whole file) Save Optimized as (name). it should retain all the animation but just be smaller. One file only.
BC
Brenda_Cane
Jan 24, 2007
Hi Ed, You were right !!! I was making this too hard. I did what you said and it worked :)) I learned a lot, thanks so much. Brenda
D
deebs
Jan 29, 2007
Parhaps:

1 – Image > Image size

2 – optimise animation

3 – save optimised as …
BC
Brenda_Cane
Jan 29, 2007
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info.
MT
Margaret_Teevens
Jan 31, 2007
I need to create a ‘power point’ presentation for television airing.

I was told to create the ‘power point’ using photoshop and the animation tool.

No book and no experience – any suggestions on how to start out on the right foot?

Need to export the photoshop elements into a video dvd.

Help?
B
Bernie
Jan 31, 2007
any suggestions on how to start out on the right foot?

Get correct, precise and clear information.

Hiring someone with the experience is also a possibility.

If yo have questions about Photoshop Elements, I suggest the Elements forum, just down the hall

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections